Chapter 8: Awoken

When he awoke, the cold sweat was the first thing he felt dripping down his forehead.

The impact from his jolt made his head bounce up in pain with the cold sweat dripping down his face. It was so much, his pillow was completely soaked in it, as if it was overflowing with fear and nightmares that he had experienced moments earlier.

It was too dark for him to see how much he was really shooken up. 3 AM, he thought as he looked to his right to see the clock that illuminated the nightstand beside him. It did not help at the fact that it was red...like the bloo-

NO! NO! He exclaimed in his mind, it was all a dream! None of that happened and will never happen! You will be burning in that building you asshole!! Not her!!!!

His thoughts were pounding in his head that he had to literally hold on to it, fearing that he would lose it completely.

But just when he thought he was alone in his waking misery, thought that he had to figure this all out on his own....

A warm hand found its way into his cheek, warming him and wiping the cold sweat off his face in the process.

It was the softest thing he felt this entire night and when he turned to see the origin of the gentle hand, he saw his beautiful angel of a girlfriend next to him.

Despite the darkness around their bedroom, he could still see the chocolate, sweet brown color in her eyes looking right into his mind...

Into his heart....

Into his soul....

Just like it always has....

And how he will always love it that way.....

After what seemed like forever, her angel voice spoke to him, saying these words that calmed him to ease his tension of the terrible dream:

"Baby..I'm here...everything's okay....I promise."