23 - Family of 5

-2 a.m-

Beyonce and Shawn woke up to baby Sydney crying. They both looked at each other.

"You get Sydney and I will make her bottle," said Shawn. She nodded and walked to the crib as Shawn went to the kitchen to make her bottle. Beyonce grabbed Sydney and held her, rocking her back and forth.

"Shhhh, daddy is making your bottle right now."

Sydney started crying louder, getting cranky. She sighed and sat in the rocking chair. Shawn walked in the room and gave her the bottle. Beyonce started feeding Sydney and smiled as she stopped crying and began to eat. Her big brown eyes looked up at Shawn and she stared at him. He stared back at his daughter and smiled a little, sitting next to her.

"Hey little lady..."

She kept eating out of her bottle until it was empty. Shawn placed the bottle down and placed Sydney on his shoulder, lightly patting her back. She lifted her head a little and looked around. Then, she burped loud which made Shawn chuckle.

"Good job, baby girl. You got that deep burp out of you..."

He got up and walked to the rocker, placing her inside. Shawn smiled and placed a pacifier in her mouth and walked downstairs, wondering where Beyonce and the girls were. When he entered the living room, his heart melted at the sight. Beyonce and the girls were curled up on the couch, fast asleep. He glanced at the television, noticing that a movie was playing. They must have fallen asleep during the movie, he thought. Just as he was walking to the kitchen, he heard yawning and shuffling. Shawn turned back around and saw Savannah standing up, stretching and yawning.

"Good morning honey," he spoke quietly, picking her up.

"Good morning daddy," she responded quietly. He smiled and kissed her cheek, taking her into the kitchen. He placed her on a step stool and looked at her.

"Want to surprise mommy and sissy with breakfast?"

Savannah nodded as the pair began to cook breakfast. Within 30 minutes, breakfast was almost done. Savannah walked into the dining room and began setting the table. Her birthday was coming up soon and she wanted to be on her best behavior so she should get whatever she wanted for her birthday. Once she was done, she walked back in the kitchen and tapped her dad's leg.

"Daddy... I done with the table. Can I tell mommy and sissy that breakfast is finished?"

He nodded as Savanna walked to the couch, tapping Beyonce and Blue.

"Mommy.. Sissy... Breakfast is ready...."

They both got up and sat down together at the table. They held hands and bowed their head, closing their eyes as they said grace. Once they were finished, all of them started eating. Sydney was sleeping peacefully in her rocker. Shawn looked down at his daughter and smiled, rubbing her forehead softly.

"So how does it feel to have another sister," he asked the girls. Blue smiled and watched her little sister sleep peacefully. 

"She so pretty," said Blue in awe. Beyonce chuckled and nodded, eating her food. Savannah was the first one to finish. So she got up from the table and headed to the living room, watching tv. Blue finished second, so she followed Savannah to the living room. Shawn and Beyonce finished eating together and cleaned up. As they were washing, they heard Sydney getting fussy.

"Awww what's wrong with mommy's baby," said Beyonce, holding the baby. Sydney stopped fussing and opened her eyes, looking around at everything. Shawn walked over and looked at her.

"She is so alert..."

Beyonce and Shawn smiled and sat down in the living room, watching cartoons with the girls. Sydney looked at the television and started cooing loudly. Savannah turned around and walked to her.

"You watch tv with us?"

Sydney kicked her little feet and held out her arms towards Savannah. Savannah willingly grabbed her and sat down, holding her. Blue smiled and sat beside them, holding Sydney's hand. Beyonce smiled and laid her head on Shawn's chest, feeling his arm wrap around her shoulders.

"They're so perfect," whispered Shawn. 

She nodded as they both kissed each other passionately. They smiled and cuddled up closer watching the girls bond with the new baby. After awhile, Sydney started getting sleepy. So while laying in Savannah's arms, she closed her eyes and fell asleep. Blue looked down and smiled nudging her sister.

"Vannah look...."

Savannah looked down and smiled, watching her little sister sleep. Blue got up and walked to her parents, noticing that they both fell asleep. She shook her head and tried waking them up.

"Mommy... daddy... Sydney fell asleep," she whispered, trying not to wake the baby up. Beyonce woke up and took the baby to the nursery. She laid her down and smiled, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Beyonce turned on the baby monitor and walked out, closing the door. She plopped down on her bed and looked up at the ceiling. Moments later, her husband walked in.

"Hey love," she said, giving him a big hug. He smiled and hugged her back, his hands resting on her butt. 

They stood there for a moment... just holding one another in each other's arms. This is a time of the day that they wished never ended. It felt so peaceful and quiet when they had some alone time. They both laid down and fell asleep, with big smiles on their face.