Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

Chester woke up to see his father opening the curtains to his window. He sat up and yawned. His father turned around to look at his son. Chester raised a brow questioningly. His father grinned and walked over to him and sat down on the edge of his son's bed.

"You're mother told me that she wants to talk to you," his father said. Chester swallowed, looking down at his hands. His father watched him quietly.

"Did she mention what she was going to say?" He asked his dad, looking up at him nervously.

His dad shook his head, "she just mentioned that she wanted to talk to you."

Chester wasn't sure if he was ready to hear what she had to say. What if she kicked him out? He was so scared of what she was going to say. He sighed and realized that he was going to have to face her soon. So, he might as well face her now. He was surprised that she was the first one to reach out to him. She usually was too stubborn to reach out first. Both he and his father knew that. His father was always the one that had to reach out to her if he wanted to get something settled.

He slid off of his bed and told his father that he would be out after he was done getting ready. His father nodded and left Chester alone in his room. Chester changed into clean clothes. He strolled over to his door and grabbed the handle. He took a deep breath and glanced at the window. He pondered whether he should just sneak out so that he wouldn't have to face his mother, but he knew that wouldn't do any good. He opened the door and walked slowly to the living room. He clenched his fist to keep his hand from shaking.

"Hello Chester," his mother said. He looked at his mother for the first time in a month. Her hair had a few more grey strands than he remembered. She had bags under her eyes. She looked much older than she really was.

"Hi, mom," he murmured quietly. She gestured for him to sit down, but he shook his head. He couldn't move. He was afraid he would fall to his knees if he tried to move.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" She said.

He nodded, "yeah."

She took a deep breath, "I guess I might as well get to the point." He nods.

"Chester," she looked at him, "I think it would be best if you moved out."

It was in that moment that Chester felt his heart break. He looked at his father. He looked angry, but he didn't say anything.

"Where am I supposed to go?" He felt his voice break. His mother looked away.

"I've taken the time to find an apartment for you. You're going to have to get a job. Your father will help pay the rent." His father's face went red.

"We barely have enough money to pay for our mortgage! How am I going to help pay for some stupid apartment rent! Let him stay. He is our son. Why should it matter who he loves?" It was his mother's turn to turn red.

"Lying with another man is a sin! I cannot believe our son turned out to be gay!" She yelled. The room was silent, except for the pounding of Chester's heart.

He turned around and hurried to his room. He grabbed his suitcase and began shoving clothes into it. He didn't even bother folding them. He zipped up the suitcase. He grabbed his CDs and some charging cords and shoved them into his backpack. He looked at a picture he had tacked to his wall. It was of him and his mother when they were at the beach. She was smiling proudly at him. A sob forced its way out of his throat as he ripped the photo off of his wall and tore it up. He slips on his backpack and grabs his suitcase. He takes a look at his room, it's nearly bare except for a few posters and some juice packets on the floor. He didn't have much stuff at all.