Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

Chester stared at Avernus.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm some kind of vampire creature. I need blood in order to survive. We're soul mates by the way, thought you ought to know," Avernus blurted. His hands were starting to heat up again. He shoved them in the cup full over water that sat in the cup holder. Chester stared at him in shock.

"We're soul mates?" He squeaked.

"Apparently, oh and I need your blood to survive because of that." Avernus added. He mentally slapped himself for sounding so blunt.

"Soul mates?" Chester repeated.

"Yes. Wait, is that all you got out of that?" Avernus asked him, looking shocked himself.

"Soul mates..." Chester trailed off, looking happy, yet confused.

"Um, Chester, I'm not human," Chester put his index finger on Avernus's lips.

"We're soul mates," he repeated again. Avernus's eyebrows rose. He couldn't believe that Chester was still stuck on that. Chester suddenly grinned, "I can't believe it. I've been in love with you so long. I'm so happy," he blushed as he spoke. Avernus pushed Chester's finger away from his lips.

"Do you even care that I am not human?" He asked.

"Not really, I mean, you're still you. It doesn't matter what you are. I'm gay, but that doesn't change who I am," he shrugged as if that fact that Avernus wasn't human was no big deal.

"So... You don't care that I need your blood?" He asked him incredulously.

"Nope, I trust you. You'll only take a little bit at a time. Besides, it kind of sounds interesting. I've read various vampire books you know. In some of them, the bite was extremely uncomfortable, but in the other ones it felt amazing. I wonder how it actually feels," he said. It was then that Avernus realized his soul mate was a bit crazy.

"I'm sorry if I'm coming off as weird," Chester blushed, "I've always been a fan of vampire novels," he admitted.

"It's fine," Avernus looked at his hands, "it's kind of cute actually," he said. Chester blushed.

"You think so?" He asked shyly.

"I do," they sat in his car awkwardly.

"Um... Are you thirsty right now?" Chester asked him. Avernus looked at him and swallowed. His eyes landed on Chester's neck and he imagined what it would be like as his sweet blood spilled into his mouth. It made his mouth water as he thought about it.

"Yes, but I would rather not bite you until after our first date," he murmured. Chester beamed at him.

"I wish tomorrow was Saturday," he said.

"So do I," Avernus said. They stared at each other in silence for a moment. The tension in the air was thick, almost suffocating. Chester's eyes dropped to Avernus's lips. His eyes clouded over as he thought about kissing him.

Suddenly, Avernus smashed his lips against Chester's. Chester's fingers instantly tangled into Avernus's hair. Their lips moved together with passion. Chester pushed closer, wanting to feel more physical contact. Avernus grabbed his hips and pulled him onto his lap. Chester's mouth opened, inviting Avernus in. Their tongues clashed together. It felt amazing to be this intimate with Avernus. It made Chester's body feel hot.

"Dudes!" Rosa knocked on the passenger seat window. Chester blushed and pulled away from Avernus and scrambled off of his lap. He already missed the feeling of Avernus's hands on his hips. He could still feel the warmth on the spots where his hands touched.