Chapter 17.

I woke up slowly, remembering I was sleeping next to my mate.

I start to wonder what time it was or if I should open my eyes.

Before I could make up my mind through I heard voices.

" You can't keep this up much longer Connor."

It was a male. What is another guy doing here talking to Connor? More importantly though. Where did he come from cause I don't recognize his voice.

" What other choice do I have?" Says Connor next to me in a soft voice.

" Connor, if we get caught we will all be killed." Says the males voice.

" I know, but don't worry. She won't tell anyone and no ones going to find out." Says Connor.

" We know she won't tell, but what if someone gets suspicious and follows her out here and spies on us. The. Turns us in." Says another voice.

Wait that's a woman's voice. There's two other people here. What the heck is going on?

" She's been careful when coming here." Says Connor.

" I don't want to get caught and killed Connor. " says the woman's voice.

" Don't worry. I promise you won't get caught or killed. It would be me out of us three who would get killed if we got caught." Says Connor.

" You can't talk about getting caught Connor, or killed. You have a mate. Plus you need to sort out everything that's going on here. " says the males voice.

" I will. I just hope soon people will listen to me and let me explain just what happened." Says Connor.

" People will once they know the entire story, but what happens if you get caught and people don't listen?" Says the woman's voice.

" I can't get caught. I can't go back. Not to the place I was. You don't know what I went through. " says Connor.

" We have a feeling about it, but your right. We have no idea." Says the males voice.

" If anyone will understand though, it's her." Says the woman's voice.

" You have to tell her soon enough." Says the males voice.

" I know and I will soon once I'm ready. You guys have to promise me something in the meantime though. Please?" Says Connor.

" Anything Connor." Says the woman's voice.

" If I do get caught, or something goes wrong and I get killed. Promise me that you will watch over Amber for me? Please, cause if I don't protect here, who will?" Says Connor.

" We will protect her with our lives." Says the males voice.

" Thank you." Says Connor.

I then tune out the rest of their conversation cause I started to drift off into sleep again.

I fall asleep thinking about what they said.