Chapter 15

Eren's P.O.V

No....he can't be gone..we still had a life together!! He still have a life to live!!

I don't say anything. What could I say? I just found out the boy that I love is gone. Gone forever.. I wasn't even there for him in his last moments on earth. I never got to tell him goodbye... All of this...was my fault.. If I didn't overreact, this never would've happened. It's too late....it's too late..

I walk into the living room with tears running down my face, breathing uneven. I felt as if my whole world was crumbling apart.

Levi must've taken notice.

"Hey Eren, what's wrong?" A gentle hand rests on my shoulder.

"He's....gone" I say, my voice barely audible.

"Gone?" Levi stops and thinks for a moment. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry" His small frame encloses me with a hug.

Moments later everyone realizes what happened. They all hug me. The hugs we're loving, warming, comforting and needed. But they weren't Armin.

That's when I lost it..

The tears were nonstop and so was the crying. Armin was gone forever..

*****weeks later******

All of us were at his funeral. I've never seen so much sorrow in one place. Armin's grandpa had to stop his speech because he kept choking on his words. I even saw Levi and Erwin cry for the first time.

I hate this....I hate all of it...

After the funeral I walked to his grave. I sat down and started speaking.

"Hey babe, I'm sorry I made you suffer. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you were taking your last breath. I should've been there for you, I should've stayed by your side. Most importantly, I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. You were only trying to help a friend out and I completely lost if because I was stupid. I didn't tell you this in the hospital so I'm going to tell you now. I love you from the bottom of my heart, to the moon and back. You are the greatest gift I have even been given. You always made me smile and laugh. You always cheered me up when I was down, and for that, I love you and will love you for all of eternity."

I wiped the tears off my face then, set down my  bouquet of flowers. I walked off leaving my memories of us, of him behind me..

Armin Arlert.

A wonderful grandson.

A perfect son.

A caring friend. 

And a loving boyfriend.

Rest in peace.

Now you can fly high with the angels.

THE END

*****************

I hope you guys enjoyed this fanfic! I know I enjoyed writing it! There will be a sequel coming out but, I do want to finish one of my other before I start a new one.