Chapter 12: Jealousy & Justifying

A/N: Before you read the chapter, I wanted to ask you if you saw the new cover for this book. It is by @AlwaysARauraShipper  ! She is an amazing person, and was my 1st follower ever! It would mean so much if you checked out her profile and followed her! I love the new cover and comment on what you think about it! Now, here is the chapter! 

Laura's P.O.V

I look up to see Dove walking in. She gasps.

"Laura, what's wrong!", she asks, worried. I was afraid to say something because I knew that if I did, I would burst out crying.

 I was trying to hold back tears. This has never happened before. Why now? Ross has had a few girlfriends and I was upset every time he found a girl but, I got over it because he hasn't ever dated a girl for more than 1 month. Why am I SO upset this time? Maybe because now I know that he actually likes me. 

"Ross... Britney... laughing... flirting... WHY?!", I tend to say without fully breaking down into tears. "So you saw Ross and Britney laughing and it looked like they were flirting and now you're upset that Ross doesn't like you anymore?", she somehow knows exactly what I'm trying to say. This is why we're best friends. 

I nod my head yes. "Well, maybe they weren't flirting. Maybe they were just talking...", this kinda cheered me up a little, but I was still upset. "What could they possibly be talking about?", I ask. "I don't know... but still", she says. I shrug.

 "Do you wanna go to class now?", I ask. "Yeah, but are you sure you'll be okay?", she asks,  concerned. I think about it for a minute. "Dove, what do I do if Ross see's me?" 

"I don't know. Do you think you wanna talk to him and sort things out?", she asks. I shrug. "I don't know. But, I want to know what they were laughing about!", I say, raising my voice and getting more upset then I already was.

"Okay, when is the next time you are going to go over to their house to write a new song or just hang out? You can sort things out then."

"I'm suppose to go to their house...", I stop for a second to think. When am I suppose to go? "Tonight. They told me to come tonight.", I remember. "Okay, then talk to Ross tonight when you go", she suggested. I nod.

We walk out of the girl's bathroom and go to our lockers. Unfortunate for me, Ross was at his locker-which, if you didn't know, was right next to mine. I silently walk over to my locker, open it, and get things for my next class. I could feel Ross staring at me. I close my locker. Just as I am about to walk away, Ross stops me. 

"Laura wait!", he yells. I ignore him and walk away.

*****

The day went by really fast. Ross tried talking to me a few more times, but I ignored him. I am currently walking home from school. Normally, we would walk together. But, I don't think I'm ready to face him yet. After I'm home, I say hi to mom and Vanessa. I grab an apple and head upstairs to do my homework.

By the time I finish, it's 4:45 pm. I'm suppose to be at the Lynch's house by 5:30, so I still have time. I decide to go downstairs and talk to Vanessa.

"Hey, V", I say, referring to Vanessa. "Hi sis",  she replies. 

"Did you talk to Ross about the kiss yet?! Are you guys a couple?!", she asks, getting more excited with each question.

"No"

"Why not? What happened?"

"Well,", I start.  "We were close to talking, multiple times, but someone or something always interrupted us. And he didn't show up at lunch, so I went to look for him. I finally found him and he was with Britney. They were talking and laughing and it looked like they were flirting. And now I'm upset and I don't know why." I cross my arms.

"Wait, you mean Britney as in the one who is always all over Ross and can fool any guy she wants?" I nod. Sometimes for fun we call her bratty Britney.

"This has never happened before. I should be used to Britney being over Ross and I know that he doesn't like her. I don't know what's up with me but when I see Ross with her, I just feel like throwing up", I say. 

"Looks like someone's jealous", Vanessa says.

"What are you talking about? I'm not jealous."

"Yes you are. You know you are, you're just trying to convince yourself that you're not." I think for a second. Maybe she's right. Maybe I am trying to convince myself that I'm not jealous. Maybe, deep down, I know I am jealous. "What should I do?", I ask. 

"Well, you have to tell him. Tell him that you're jealous and that you don't like it. Ask him why he was laughing with Britney. Go up to him and tell him that you like him. Say it while making eye contact. Say it proudly. He already knows, but it's going to mean more coming from you. He'll feel bad about making you feel bad. Once you sort things out, you're going to feel much better."

I smile. My smile eventually turns into a frown. "What if he doesn't like me back", I ask. I know he likes me, but what if he changed his mind after hanging out with brat-I mean Britney.

"He does. Trust me.", V says putting my smile back on my face. I love Vanessa.

A/N: I apologize so much for the long wait! I hope you liked the not-very-but-kinda-long chapter. I hope I don't have to keep you waiting for as long as I did :)

Anyway, I don't have any questions from you guys and I'm not going to do the comment thing today because I want to know what YOU want to happen next. I really want to see what YOU guys want to in the next chapter and I want to hear some ideas from you guys. I hope it's not too much to ask. Comment your ideas down below! Your ideas might just turn into my next chapter ....