The Promenade Equation

"What is all that fuss about?" Leonard asked pointing to the crowd around the notice board. "Let's check it out." Howard said, as everyone moved towards the crowd. They could see a large poster:

Come everyone, the masters of prom! To mark the start of the summer vacation, the cultural department has organised prom for every student, teacher and even cleaning staff member themed 'Enchanted Evening' on the 21st of May. Tickets available at the cafeteria from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for $5 each. Bring your partners and dress up to be elected as prom king/queen.

"Awesome!" Leonard shouted. "I have a date and a chance to be elected prom king. This is crazy!" "Prom king? Nah." Howard said. "Who are you taking?" 
"Amy." Leonard mumbled.

Sheldon was a little hurt. No. He thought. You have Penny now. She is greatly charming.

"Hey Sheldon." He was interrupted by a sweet voice.
"Oh. Hi Penny."
"You and me? Prom?"
"Sure."

Penny wrapped her arms around Sheldon's and pulled him to the cafeteria as Howard gazed in awe. "She totally wants me. She is using him to get me." "Shut up Howard." Leonard said, depressed. He went upto the girl's door and knocked. Emily opened the door. He was charmed by her red locks and pretty face. She wore a black cardigan with a blouse and black leggings but he shook it away. "Yes?" Emily asked. "Umm...I am here to meet Amy?" Amy appeared on the door and Emily picked up a book and continued to read. "Hey, boyfriend." Amy said. "Hi. Nice shoes." He commented on seeing her high yellow pumps due to which she was limping. "Penny bought them for me." Amy replied. "Very pretty." He said, trying to hide his sudden grimace on hearing his ex's name.

"Anyway, Prom on 21st."
"Yeah, I heard of it."
"Wanna walk in as a couple?"

Amy hugged Leonard and whispered "Yes."