//Ghosts Of The Past VI//

//GHOSTS OF THE PAST VI//
-Bae MinAh Point of View-

//FLASHBACK//

"MinAh? Can I come in?"

The voice of my father reached my with headphones uncovered ear and I glanced back at the door.

It was quite the time since we talked. Even more time has passed since he asked me anything, usually he just came and get it. But most of all I was surprised that he wanted to come into my room.

He hadn't been here even since I was five. I don't know if my parents just didn't care or didn't want a daughter, but I was never as much important as I might have liked deep down in my heart.

Exactly, deep down in my heart. Because outside, I treated them just as cold as they treated me. That's why moving away with my big brother was always my biggest dream.

"Yeah... sure."

I answered after a minute, to not let him think that I'm just waiting for him or mom to finally come. Even if I actually was.

For the longest time I was. But ever since I realized that day won't come, I stopped hoping and just let them forget me.

Not completely, obviously. As my father actually looking concerned, which was something I never saw on his face, on the hand I barely saw him anyways, walked in and sat down on the chair by my desk.

"MinAh, I have... I wanted to talk to you."

He corrected himself and I raised my eyebrow. That was something new. He never admited to make mistakes AND he never wanted to talk to me.

I sat up straight on my bed and eyed him carefully, checking for any kind of fever signs in his face. I found none.

My father seemed healthy and didn't qualify to be insane, except for not paying any attention to his daughter, me, but that's whole another story.

"I'm listening."

My mind was tempting to add dad at the end of the sentence, but at the same time my tongue just twisted stopping me before making that mistake.

He looked at me kind of hoping to hear something, I even started to think that he migh have wanted me to start this conversation, but he was the one to come into my room, I had no idea what he wanted to say.

The hope in his eyes disappeared quite quickly and they were as cold, no, even more cold, if that's possible, I even felt freezing steam from his stare, than ever before.

"Your brother went to find the apartment he was dreaming of for so long."

My heart shook stronger and I almost fell off the bed. It was not only his dream, but mines too. Of course it was miracle itself that dad knew at least my big brother's dream, so I shouldn't have expected anything more.

However I kind of wished for him to underatstand, to realize that I wanted to move away just as badly.

And if he went for apartemt hunting, it might as well meant that my dream was about to come true too.

But my smile quickly disappeared as my dad didn't smile back, not like I expected him to do, I lost those useless hopes long time ago, but he stared at me like waiting for me to stop grinning.