6)Pressure

The next morning was a absolute bliss. I awoke to a comfortable bed, without Dean beside me. I sat up checking to make sure my clothes were on, they were.

I lifted the cover off my body, swung my legs over the bed, and just sat there. This room had a sweet feeling, it was warm, and welcoming. The carpet under my toes was soft, I rubbed my toes onto them, I loved the feeling.

A smell hit my nose. Bacon. I stood onto my feet, and followed that smell. My finger tips ran along the beautifully painted walls, while I walked, I fixed my eyes on the hundreds of pictures that were hung. The wall was a complete maze of history.

The wall ended, and the kitchen wall began. I didn't move, I remained still. I watched how Dean flipped the food, maneuvered around the kitchen to make sure everything would be perfection. This was sexy to me, I didn't have to sleep with him, or suck him up to get a meal. He respected me.

I cleared my voice, it broke Deans focus. He smiled at me. "Well good morning Mariana. Why don't you have a seat darling?" He continued his thing. "I'm making bacon, scrambled eggs, potato's, cinnamon waffles, and choice of lemonade or orange juice on the side." I sat where he told me to. I admired him. "Is that okay with you Mariana?" He turned to face me. I nodded my head.

"Of course." I smiled, he did too. He leaned up and kissed my lips, his lips were so soft and moist. We met eyes, and smiled together.

When he finished making the meal, we sat and ate. He turned on the television that sat on the dinning room table. We watched, and ate all in silence.

The news aired a documentary on the cartel business, how the population of home owners were decreasing, because a lot of areas were planted with drugs.

"That's horrible." I mumbled in-between gulps.

"Sure is." Dean turned the T.V off. "Let's talk, huh?" He stuffed potatoes in his mouth. "Like, where do you work?"

"Kroger," I nodded. "You still work with the school?"

"Well my first job is the diner we went to." He nodded. "That's after school everyday."

"Mmm-okay." I nodded.

"What's your plans for college?" The question took me a second to answer.

"I'm not worried about college right now." I shrugged. "Maybe later on in life."

"That's understandable." He shrugged. "But you have to promise me, you'll go."

"It's a promise." We met eyes. We both shared a giggle. "Did you go to college?" I asked not knowing his exact age.

"Well I'm going to start next Semester. I've been holding back my scholarship for 3 years."

I quickly calculated, He had to have graduated at 18-19. Boom, add 3 is... 21-22.

"Hey Mariana, I would love to do this again. But only next time, lets not lay in the middle of the floor in the dark. Next time, let's watch movies and you cook for me in the morning." He winked. My eyes widened, my heart raced. That question has never been asked to me before. Does that mean, we have to have sex? Do I have to cook for him, because I can't really cook. So much, too much, had been running through my mind. I had forgotten to answer his question.

"Yea sure." I answered bluntly. His blush softened me. He likes me, and I liked him too. But were we moving too fast?

12:00

The ride back to my apartment was like a walk of shame. Dean and I didn't say too much while being at his house, but we enjoyed each others presences. I didn't want to return to my normal life of work, and parents, or roommates. I wanted to spend sometime with Dean, someone different. Not like Saint, who was very secretive and super creepy at times; Not like Pricilla, who had different personalities sometimes. Not like mama and daddy, who lied to me about who I really was, and where I came from. Dean didn't have any of those traits. He was super cool, and a good listener, he's not secretive, he's open. He's nor soft of mean.