Prelude | Glossary

"Peace is as fleeting as a tiny bird in a nest ─ it doesn't last."
- Nexus Scylar

| ~ |

Once upon a time, Mergrande was a village home to the Merlins; humans bestowed with mana within their bodies. Of all the mysteries in Living Reilm, mana was the most mysterious. With mana came arcane and with arcane came the diversity of life.

Although their magical prowess was to be feared, Mergrande concealed itself in the shadows. Never had the Merlins participated in wars since their loss at the Battle of the Silver Skies which claimed hundreds of lives.

The small village contrasted the untamed sea where it was nestled near. Abundant with the blessings of the ocean, fishing was the main source of the people's livelihood. It wasn't much but the folks were content and happy.

It was an era of peace ─ a peace that would soon be shattered.

|| Note ||

You can skip reading the "A Look Into the Past" chapters if you want to. It basically is a prologue. It doesn't really affect much if you start at Chapter I - The Wanderer.

The only downside is that there are going to be some part that will be confusing, and you've missed the history of what happened to the Merlins.

Of course, the vague parts will be explained later on so just suit yourself if you're gonna skip it or not. Happy reading!

|| - Glossary- ||

Merlin(s)

Humans who have an affinity for magic and possess mana in their bodies.

Mana

The energy needed to perform magic.

Arcane

The general term for magic that is divided into branches called 'wisdoms'.

Shadespierce

A cursed dagger rumored to contain the power of a thousand legions.

Witches of Endorf

A tribe of women who practices witchcraft and hates men.

Falchion

A type of sword which curves near the pointed tip.

Halberd

A heavy, one-sided axe with a sharp point on the blunt side.

| ~ |