Opposite sides of a Magnet?

Chapter 12

Nandini took a cab from her house and left for the Farmhouse. It was a lovely breezy evening, the stars were shining bright. She reached the Farmhouse and was in complete awe. The location, the weather, the breeze, the stars, everything looked so perfect. That she just stood there taking it all in.

Meanwhile, Manik was getting impatient waiting for her to arrive. He decides to go down for a walk and he saw her standing there. She looked like a lost child and Manik couldn't help but admire her beauty. He moved towards her slowly and tapped her shoulder. She was startled and she turned around to see who is it.

Where are you lost? Miss whatever your name is, snarled Manik.

My name is Nandini and I wasn't lost. I was looking for a way to get inside, Nandini said aggressively

Well, then you really need to get your eyes checked. The door is right behind you, Manik smirked while saying it.

They walked inside quietly and met Cabir at the door. Hello, Sir! Nandini greeted him. Don't call me sir, call me Cabir, he laughed. He called out Mukti and Alya. You are finally here Nandini, Mukti exclaimed. Go freshen up, we are gonna have fun tonight. Manik, you can work tomorrow, Mukti ordered him with a wink and led Nandini inside.

Everyone get ready and come to the poolside in 15 minutes, Manik announced and everyone disappeared.

As per the plan, everybody got ready and met at the poolside. Nandini was the last one to arrive. She came out to see the poolside completely transformed and she was mesmerized. So many arrangements for just a house party. A table at the center with pillows all around. It was beautiful. Everyone praised Manik for the arrangements.
Nandini faintly said 'It looks so amazing.' Manik and Cabir heard her.

Manik smiled. Cabir said, 'Thank you Nandini.' Nandini was surprised and kept looking at him. I meant to thank you from Manik's side, Cabir laughed

Enough now, let's start partying, Mukti shouted. Yes, let's do this. Everyone got settled. So what should we do today? Cabir asked.
Umm, let's play truth and dare? Aliya suggested.
What yaar Aliya, we are not in school anymore, Mukti scolded her
No, no. That's a good idea. Manik supported her and said 'We can just add a twist to it, let's play only dares today? What say?'

OMG!! LET'S DO THIS!! Aliya exclaimed.
The bottle was spinning and it landed on Mukti first. Ohh Mukti, let me give you a dare, Cabir announced. 
Mukti is a champion, she can do anything. Manik encouraged her.
Cabir got out some lemons.
What Cabir? The party has just started. There is no hangover yet ;) Why are you taking out lemons so soon. Mukti teased.

Wait, Mukti. You dare is to have this lemon without changing your facial expressions.
Nandini was quietly admiring this trio and smiling

God, that's so basic! Aliya remarked. Just wait and watch Aliya, cabir replied.
Mukti put the lemon in her mouth and within 2 seconds the expressions changed and everyone started laughing.

Oh God Mukti, your champion record has failed today, Dhruv laughed at her. 
Wtf! Dhruv now you'll also tease me? Mukti got annoyed but then joined the laughter session.
Okay, let's move on now.  The next target was Nandini.
She was nervous. Manik was getting nervous for her. He was hoping that they don't go too harsh on her. There was silence for a minute.

Mukti got excited and announced 'Now it's my turn to give the dare'. Go for it. Everyone encouraged her.
So, Miss Nandini, I'll keep it very easy for you. All you have to do is have 6 shots of vodka back to back. Pretty simple right?

Nandini was terrified. She immediately started shaking her head. Mukti ma'am I don't drink. I can't do this, she informed in a quiet voice. Manik started giggling at her confession. 
Mukti, we can't force anyone to drink. Let it go, Manik warned her.
Okay, cool Manik. Let's just replace Vodka with a Mocktail? Is that alright Nandini? Nandini nodded.
Cabir can you bring the shots please, Mukti winked at him. He came back with 6 shots and set them on the table.
Nandini very nervously took the first glass and had it in a go. Wow, that's yummy, she said.
That's my girl, go Nandini!! Mukti cheered and then started laughing along with Cabir.
Manik was staring at them.
Nandini finished all 6 rounds of shots.
Wow, guys, this was so amazing. But I feel a little dizzy.
You are just tired of the long journey, Aliya intervened.
After 5 minutes, Nandini looked up again and said, 'Guys why is everything going round and round'

Manik immediately realized what Mukti and Cabir have done, seeing them burst into laughter. He started scolding them.
Manik, chill bro, it's just 6 shots. This was fun. Stop being a spoilsport, Mukti said whilst laughing.
Manik was feeling guilty and helpless.

Nandini got up and started muttering gibberish.
Guys, I feel like dancing. No, I feel like swimming. I want to swim today. Yes. In this biggggg pool.
These four were just sitting and laughing. While Manik was completely astonished.

Nandini started walking towards the swimming pool. Manik ran behind her and the other 4 followed.
Manik tried to convince Nandini.

Nandini, don't go it's too cold
I want to go out there, don't stop me. You monster, this is not your office. I'll do what I want.

She started walking ahead. Manik smiled seeing her drunken antics.

Okay, fine. I am not your boss. I am your friend. Will you listen to me if I speak like your friend? Manik asked.

Friend? And you? Nandini looked at him.

We are not going to do any swimming today, because it's very cold. If you want we can just dip our toes in the water, Manik said very politely.

No, I want to swim.  You go away.

Now Manik was enraged. He looked at Mukti and Cabir as if he was going to kill them. They realized what they have done and murmured a sorry to Manik. But Manik was trapped now. He signaled them to go inside and assured that he will handle it.
The four of them thought that it was the perfect opportunity to escape from Manik's anger and they ran away.

Nandini was trying to get to the pool, Manik clutched her hand and pulled her away.
Leave me, she shouted.
Listen to me carefully Nandini, you are not going to swim and I don't want any more arguments.

Nandini freed herself and sat down on the floor and started crying. You are a monster she blabbered

Manik found her really cute. He controlled his laughter and anger too. And then quietly told her 'Listen to me okay, I promise dipping your legs in the pool is fun too.'

Nandini looked at him for a minute and said 'Okay let's do it'.

They sat down and dipped their legs and Nandini screamed.

Now, what happened? Manik asked
It's very cold, she shouted.
And both of them started laughing. They sat their quietly for 2 minutes and then Nandini took some water in her hand and splashed it on Manik and laughed.
What the... Manik was surprised. But for once, instead of getting angry. He also splashed water back. Nandini got up and started running. Manik ran behind her and the whole lawn was echoing with their laughter.

Manik was silently adoring Nandini and he too attacked her. They were completely lost in their water fight and Nandini kept running away teasing Manik. The game of chase began!
Finally, Nandini stopped panting and out of breath, and Manik quickly ran and got ahold of her.

You cheater!! Nandini shouted.
Who did you call a cheater? Manik asked with his angry face on
You, Monster Cheater Malhotra!
They both burst out in laughter.

Nandini started sneezing and Manik realized she caught a cold. She started shivering and said 'I feel really cold.'
Manik looked at her with an annoyed face and said 'Jump into the pool na, huh. Let's go Inside.'
Nandini denied a few times but seeing Manik's face she just surrendered.

Manik held her hand and dragged her inside and dropped her to her room. He asked her to sleep and bid goodbye.

As he turned around. The Lights went off and there was a loud scream from Nandini 'Manik!!'

_____________________________

Phew! Such a long chapter! The night is not over yet ;)  What do you think will happen next? Keep reading!!
If you like the story please vote and drop in your feedback through comments that'd mean a lot.
Thank you for reading❤