The High road or the Love road?

Chapter 11

After finishing up the work with Cabir, Nandini left the mansion. On her way home, she was pondering over the incidents and her thoughts kept going around Manik. After reaching home, she realized she needed some distraction. She called up Navya and asked her if they could hang out.

Meanwhile, at the Malhotra Mansion, Mukti was extremely angry because Manik sabotaged their entire plan. Cabir tried to lighten up the mood and asked everyone to forget it and diverted them to celebrate their big break. He suggested that they should take a trip to Manik's farmhouse. They get a chance to go for a road trip and also some time away to make some music for their album.

Manik jumped at the Idea and said 'You've become so intelligent in my company, Cabir. I like it'

Everyone got really excited about the road trip. They headed back home to prepare for the trip.

After bidding them goodbye, Manik got lost in his thoughts too.

No office for three days? Won't be able to see that girl? The thought saddened him little. Although he brushed them away thinking he should be happy for getting rid of the annoyance and started getting ready for the trip.

Nandini and navya got bored of sitting at home and decided to go for a late-night movie show. While they were on their way Nandini got a call from Cabir. He informed her about the trip and told her she can have a holiday until then and only go to the office if there is something urgent. Nandini's first reaction to hearing that wasn't a relief. She was a little upset too. But why? She could not decipher the reason and then got distracted by Navya's rants.

After a great movie night, Nandini reached home and crashed on her bed and slept her thoughts away.

Manik's House: 4.30 am

Manik was all ready for the trip and was waiting for his friends to arrive, as usual, they all were late.  Cabir was the first one to arrive and while they waited for Cabir decided to trouble Manik

'Aaj khush toh bahut honge tum, hai' Cabir mimicked looking at Manik

Manik stared at him in confusion.
You idiot you get an off for 3 days, a mini vacation which is so rare for Manik Malhotra, hence the dialogue, shouted Cabir.

Ohh, like that. Yeah yeah I am very happy, Manik said half-heartedly

But he was thinking, is he really happy? Why does he keep thinking about that girl? I think I enjoy troubling her, he assured himself

Mukti, Alya, and Dhruv arrived and shouted 'Good Morning', let's do this. They left for their epic road trip and by the time they reached the Farmhouse, they were exhausted. They decided to rest for a while and then start practicing.

Manik and Cabir were sharing a room. Manik wasn't in a mood to sleep, so he just lied down and started thinking about Nandini again.
He was getting frustrated now.

Ugh, why doesn't she leave my head? Why does she keep popping up again and again? He murmured to himself

Cabir heard him and said 'Do you want some free advice?'

You really need to analyze your feelings.  He said that just went back to sleep leaving a confused Manik behind. He didn't know what to do, but he wanted to bring her to the farmhouse somehow. He fell asleep trying to come up with an idea.

Next morning, everyone got ready and they were all set to practice, they were all trying to come up with new ideas, but the Monster boy had decided to become a lost boy.  Finally, after multiple attempts and stares from everyone he spoke 'Guys, I am just not in the mood today, I want to do something fun and interesting.'

Manik, what is your mood like baby ;)
Cabir started teasing him. Mukti and Alya were confused at cabir's statement. Cabir covered up quickly and tried to think of something fun to do.

Our silent Dhruv was the one to come up with the idea. Guys? How about Nandini?

Oh my God, Dhruv! Yess! Mukti and Alya exclaimed. Let's do this!

What? Manik was really shocked. Mukti and Alya pursued him and he agreed because he wanted Nandini to be there too. Manik, there will be one condition, this time you are not spoiling the fun, okay? Mukti warned him and Manik reluctantly agreed.

They asked Manik to call her. But why me? He made a face. Because you are her boss, you idiot. Mukti slapped his head. Okay, let me do this. I'll be back.

Manik stepped aside to make the call. He was nervous.

He kept talking to himself 'Manik, you are her boss. You can do this. Why are you getting scared, just do it.' He dialed her number and the phone rang.

Nandini was chilling at home, watching Tv, when her phone started ringing. When she saw it was from Manik, she got so scared.
Oh God, why is he calling? What does he want from me today? She picked up the call and said Hello, every so lightly.

On the other line, Manik heard her sweet, faint,, hello and he just stood there for a minute. She said hello again, and he came out of his trance and said Hello back.

Manik brought out his strict boss's voice and asked her about the office work. Nandini replied to all his queries and asked is that all sir?

Manik replied, 'No, I want to test you.' Huh, I didn't get you, sir? Nandini asked. I meant I want to check if you are perfect for the job or not. I am not sure of you yet. I want you to come to my farmhouse since I am not available there. What!? Nandini was confused.  Do you have any problems? Manik asked sternly. No sir, I'll be there, Nandini reverted.

I'll text you the address. Be there as soon as you can. Manik hanged up after saying that.

Nandini couldn't decipher what just happened, what does he want. But she was a little happy too? She didn't know why. She started getting ready to leave.

Manik had a big victory smile on his face while informing his friends about the plan. They were really excited to do this.

________________________________

Hi, I hope you are liking the story so far. Thank you for reading. Those who were disappointed that she was saved last time. We have the Fab 5 plan on again? What will happen this time? Manik and Nandini, the confused souls. Cabir the cupid? What do you anticipate to happen next? Keep reading to find out. Don't forget to drop in a comment and do vote if you like the story.