•chapter nine•

thanksgiving is tomorrow and i still have no plans. any other year i may have been freaking out but for some reason, i am completely okay with that. for once in my life i am surrounded by people who love me and look out for me, and i like how i look. ronan has texted me demanding that i come to thanksgiving at condos', as well as the other boys. at first i didn't even know it was the other two who had been texting me but then my mind clicked, figuring ronan had put them up to it. maleana is leaving today for minnesota to celebrate thanksgiving with family and lacy is going to georgia, so i'm thinking of taking up ronan's offer.

even though i should be outfit planning and worrying about how i'm going to style my hair and makeup, i am dancing around my red and green checkered pajama pants and a tight black long sleeved shirt. my brown hair is flying everywhere as i dance around and belt the lyrics to 5 seconds of summers new album thats blasting through the speakers throughout my house as i bake my grandmas famous sweet potato casserole for tomorrow. yeah okay it may not sound appetizing, but the toppings of caramelized brown sugar and pecans is amazing.

my house if filled with the delicious scent of the dessert type food and the maple candle thats burning. man, i love fall.

i get up on the kitchen island and sing along to permanent vacation. i scream the words and go crazy, not caring. i feel free to say the least and comfortable in my own skin. that is one of the perks that have come to me ever since i've met the boys. all of a sudden my front door bursts open and maleana and lacy walk in. i yelp and jump off of the counter before attacking them in hugs.

"what are you doing here? i thought your flights left today?" i question over the loud music. they both chuckle and maleana smiles, knowing that she's the one who influenced me to listen to them.

"our flights don't leave until after five, and i'm not going to be here for christmas because my mom is making us stay longer and maleana is going to stay with her relatives until new years eve. so we wanted to see if we can do the annual christmas tree set-up at the nicolette reed residence?" lacy asks. i grin at the two of them before pulling them into the house.

every year the three of us gather over my house to set up the christmas trees in our christmas pajamas and then bake christmas cookies. it's a tradition that we've had since we were little.

"oh and i may have invited the boys..." lacy gives me a sheepish smile. my smile drops as well as my heart rate.

"what?!" i shriek. i remember that i have on no makeup and look like a homeless person. before i can run up the stairs and change, the door swings open revealing the boys in ridicules christmas pajamas. i cover my mouth to try to stifle my laugh. ronan is wearing checkered red and green pajama pants to match mine and a grinch ugly christmas sweater. holten has on an ugly christmas sweater with a christmas tree on it with actual bulbs that light up. don't even get me started on condos. that fool has on a santa claus onesie. oh only condos.

"yeah yeah yeah go ahead and laugh princess. " ronan folds his muscular arms around his ugly christmas sweater covered chest. i giggle even more at him. his bright eyes leave mine for a split second to look at something behind me and when i look back, lacy is making tickling motions towards me. my head shoots back towards ronan so fast i think i gave myself whiplash, my eyes wide. ronan smirks evilly and i take off running.

"you'll never catch me i'm the gingerbread man!" i laugh at him even though i can tell he's gaining on me.

"no that's maleana!" holten shouts over the music, laughter and the sound of my feat pounding against the floor to get away from ronan. winnie barks small barks in our direction at our childishness. my short legs pump as fast as they can go as ronan easily catches up to me.