chap 4

There was a wooden door, and that was all there was in this vacant universe. I was stuck in the center of gravity and that door was all that I see, and I felt compelled to approach it. And so I did. My shaking hand gripped the knob so hesitantly and my pounding heart beat to the taunting sound of my trembling teeth. Everything felt so vivid, yet hazy.

    I turned the doorknob, then took a slight peak. I gulped, already feeling the sweat form on my skin. Letting go of the knob, I placed both of my pale hands on the door and pushed slowly. And that's when she appeared in my eyes, sitting still on a wooden chair looking at me with her eyes so fixated.

    My jaw hung slightly, my heart starting to feel heavy. I wanted to speak, but there are no words that could make the strong tension vanish. I wanted nothing more but to run to her and hold her in my arms, but how could I?

    She blinked slowly as she tilted her head to the side, something she'd often do when she's genuinely curious. "Don't you love me?"

    I jolted from my bed, breathing so hard and fast. My eyes were enlarged greatly, almost feeling them escape my sockets. I squeezed eyes shut and let the cold air consume me.  It was just a dream, Ivy, just a dream. Yet I still couldn't calm down my panic. Remembering that I share a room now, I turned my head quickly to the other side and gratefully found no one there.

    Oh right, if I remember correctly, she went to her friend's dorm. I laid back on my bed, my eyes slightly opened, still not fully recovered. I was breathing almost normally now, so that's an improvement.

    I should probably leave a request for the principal asking if I could have my own dorm because my constant nightmares are going to be a nuisance to Viridis. It's no doubt she's going to be upset due to how excited she was when she met me. Doesn't matter. It will be for the best. M

    I sighed and drifted from my bed and lazily stretched my arms. I checked the time and realized it was only 10:30 PM. I actually thought it was already the next day. Or year. I should probably stop taking naps. Makes me feel insane.

    Deciding to leave the room to get some fresh air, I walked down the narrow hall regretting that I krejected Viridis' offer. I should've just went so I won't be a complete outcast to everyone at school tomorrow.

    I took lefts and rights, trying to remember the way to the elevator, or at least stairs. I suddenly grew conscious, glancing at every direction. The lighting was dim, almost dark, and extremely quiet. Most of the sources of light are from the creaks of the lit dorm rooms. If I could just only go downstairs, but no, the construction workers thought it'd be funny to create a maze of a building.

    The sound of faint whispers reached my ears and I felt a bit of hope rise in my chest. I approached the sound and stopped in my tracks when I found myself at a dead end. I witnessed two people, a man and a student due to her uniform, and quickly hid behind a pillar.

    Okay, no elevator here. But still, I couldn't help but want to overhear on what they were saying. I'm a genuinely curious person, and plus, I want to become an investigator when I grow up-

    Shut up, Ivy, it's not the time to make up excuses. I peeked and saw a tall man dressed in a dark suit, his hand gripped on the girl's shoulder. I could tell that he wasn't a student because he wasn't wearing the school uniform.

    "If you don't find a way to befriend him, you will pay a large consequence. You understand?" The man said discreetly with a harsh tone.

    The girl sighed a bit too loudly and nodded, "I know, I know. You keep repeating yourself and it's annoying." She flicked his hand off her shoulder and crossed her arms.