chap 1

Before we jump straight into the story, I want to clarify a few things:

• Thank you so much for even clicking on this. No really, you're the absolute best and I hope you find the storyline you're looking for as you read through this book.

• This story is labeled All Rights Reserved, and I'm sure most reader and writers on this website are familiar with this. If not, it just basically means that each chapter of this book is copyrighted by me and that no one can share it anywhere else without seeking my permission. Share it as in, copy and paste it anywhere or act like its yours (basically). If y'all want to share this story with your friends, be my guest! Recommend this to them, that's no problem at all. Take screenshots and post them, I don't really mind. Nobody wants to pull a Taylor Swift and sue anyone that even hums their work. But please don't claim that it's yours in any way or form. You'll get in trouble and your parents will be forced to pay hundreds and thousands of dollars!

• Lastly, if you're reading this on a smartphone, please do not feel like a bother to add inline comments to mistakes you might notice as you begin to read. It's very much appreciated, and it will help me tremendously. Also, please note that some characters will have accents or unusual ways of speaking that might look completely illiterate to almost everyone, so some grammatical errors IN DIALOGUE ONLY are intended. Thanks, I love you.

**

Dry tongue, jaw trembling ever so slightly, I fixated my hooded eyes on the nothingness that surrounded me. The four empty walls imprisoning me, making sure to oppose any slight element of escape affected all the little hope inside my soul to disintegrate. The wooden door that stood in front of me was, too, classified as nothing since it held no importance to my freedom.

If nihility had a scent, this would be it. There was also a faint fragrance of the oxygen and dust I have no choice but to breathe, and the smell of old wood. The dim lighting and the fact that there aren't any windows in this room made me feel drowsy. Eternal sleep sounds absolutely wonderful at the moment.

I wish I could move my fingers freely; or at least my tongue. Given the state that I'm in, the only thing I could control is my mind. There is no strength in me. For the past days that I've been trapped in this position, I've only been alone with my thoughts. If I hadn't witnessed that roman clock hung up precisely above the wooden door, I would have been captured in time not knowing what the present even is.

The sound of a door-knob wobbling made my eyes shift, bringing me back to the reality that I am cursed to face. The door creaked so loudly I slightly winced. Though maybe it wasn't as loud as I thought it was due to the fact I haven't heard a single sound, other than the clock ticking, for four complete days. My stomach would scream out hunger every now and then, but it was always quiet and hollow.

"Ivy." She called lightly.

The sound of my name sounded foreign to me. For a second I almost forgot who that name belonged to. Barely lifting my head, I met eyes with my mother, the only person that I share this home with. She was dressed in a long, worn-out, dirty dress and her hair in a loose bun. In this lighting, I couldn't make out her facial features, but not even that can take anyone to notice the severe wrinkles under her eyes.

She approached me timidly, as if I was some type of wild beast, and crouched before me. "My sweet little Ivy, everything will be fine." She said quietly with a wide comforting smile. She glazed her fingers across my dark hair, her smile fading slowly. "Everything will be fine... Everything will be fine..." She kept repeating, but it sounds to me that she's only just trying to reassure herself.