chap 10

The light wooden floor was flooded by countless students rushing to their last class as Luen and I walked casually. I held in a sigh as I watched a familiar set of boys walk toward us, hoping they'll keep their comments to themselves.

"There's the new girl that snuck into the men's showers to watch us naked," murmured Steven. His friends stared at me in disgust and horror as they walked past me.

For crying out loud, it's been a month since the incident and they're still talking about it? Shouldn't this be old news? However at least it isn't as bad anymore.

"I wish that day never happened," I said as I added a loud sigh. Luen stayed quiet as he walked by my side. "It wasn't even that much of a problem. I don't understand why people are still talking about it and making it seem like a big deal."

"It's not like it was your fault," Luen replied with a shrug. "If your clothes had been where you left them, this wouldn't have happened."

I nodded. Yeah, he does have a point. If the devil hadn't snuck into the room while I was still showering and stole my clothes, I would have already been in my room when the men entered the showers. And if the devil's father wasn't the principle of this damn facility, then this whole ordeal would have been handled. That wench has the advantage but-

"Wait, Luen, how do you know that my clothes were stolen?" I asked suspiciously as I eyed him.

His eyes drooped in boredom as he replied carelessly, as if what he was about to say won't piss me off at all. "Your loud thoughts snuck into my mind while you were freaking out about your clothes. Then you went absolutely bizarre when you heard the men coming in."

I stopped dead in my tracks, watching him continue walking cluelessly. My eye twitched as I bit my lips to control the pure anger ready to be unleashed.

He. Was. Aware. The. Whole. Time.

He knew all along what had happened while it was happening and didn't even bother helping? When I think about it, he didn't utter one word about it the following time we saw each other. That bastard. It wasn't like we were close back then, but I was still in danger. Ha, and they think I'm insensitive. I'd love to see their reaction when they meet this man.

After long seconds, that bastard finally realized he was walking alone then turned around to look at me. He gave me a confused look as he innocently asked, "You okay?"

Storming in fury as I marched towards him, I asked, "What could have been so damn important that you couldn't have helped me back then? You knew that I was in trouble and needed clothes. You knew that men were going to enter and see me naked." I crossed my arms onto my chest as Luen just rolled his eyes, which significantly irritated me.

"As much as I didn't feel like running to your rescue, I was busy."

"Oh yeah?" I gave him a look that implicated him to continue before I punch him in the face. To think I wouldn't be the most hated person in this school if Luen wasn't such an asshole caused me to scowl.

"I was at the front office ordering ten new batches of lollipops," he informed mildly. After a few seconds, he added, "I had run out."

I forced my nerves to relax as I sealed my brown eyes shut. "Okay..." I muttered. Opening my eyes, I sent him a glance and widely smiled. "That's completely fine." I let the words spit out of my mouth like it was poison. I grit my teeth as we leave the elevator, contemplating his reply.

"Yeah, I know."

The very fact that he says these three words in a bland mixture of simplicity and insouciance resulted in an aggressive shove clobber his waist. Once the contact of my elbow met with his body, he immediately rose a sharp eyebrow.