chap 6

I don't know what triggered such negative emotions to be struck at me in a nasty fashion. How could I have become the victim of someone I met just yesterday? The argument in this is that yes, I'll admit that we didn't click at first sight, but is that a reason to lash out after just one interaction?

As I walk along the raining halls of the red dripping from my body that leads a path to the most miserable creature at the moment, I wonder if all people from Fuhai are this spiteful. It's pathetic for someone to bully another being on their first day of a new school from a completely different nation. It only makes you look weak, of course. I know for the past few years of my life I've been practicing independence and controlling my inner emotions and desires, so I guess it's more pathetic that I'm discreetly planning schemes in my head to fire back at Charisse.

Sneak into her dorm and shave her head? No, it'll take too much time to figure how I'll get in her dorm in the first place. How about I just get Luen to read her mind and discover her darkest deepest secret so I'll be able to blackmail her whenever I want? Luen is not that generous, so I'm sure he won't be interested. Besides, he doesn't even like invading people's minds. Wait- since she seems to care so much about what others think about her, maybe it'll be worth it to find some way to publicly humiliate her in front of the entire school of maniacs. It won't be just spoken insults. Nothing's more entertaining than action. Is she insecure of her body? I'll find a way to get her stark naked in front of everyone. The look on her face would satisfy me immensely.

Wait, what am I thinking? This greatly goes against everything that I've been practicing the last three years. Not only that, but I promised my mother I won't disappointment her and that I'd stay on my best behavior.

"Evans, keep ya' chin up. I know that's kinda hard with all that paint on ya' head, but you needa' know where ya' goin'." July the Janitor said, making me pause my thoughts. I noticed a tiny bit of pity in her thick accent, which reminded me of Viridis', but only just slightly.

I harshly bit my lip and quickened my pace to catch up with the old aged lady. I don't think she's too happy to be escorting me to the showers since her shift was meant to end ten minutes ago, that is until walking paint had to storm in and waste her free time.

As soon as we left the school building, I noticed Luen still crouched on the entrance stairs. July didn't seem to acknowledge him, but he surely acknowledged me.

"Intense," I heard him say as I skipped down the stairs past him. His unnecessary comments never fail to provoke me. The contact of his eyes firmly set on my wretched state did not send me a positive feeling. Staring will only result to more anger and embarrassment.

"Why don't you take a picture; it'll last longer," I retorted, almost feeling his curious eyes watch my back as I walked further away from the academy.

"Cameras are not allowed on school property."

It took me sheer willpower to stop myself from tackling him, and that says a lot about my endurance from the current state I'm in.

Slightly limping towards Home Nova and farther from Nova Academy, I could hear July often groaning and sighing in a way that confirmed that she was indeed irritated. I felt a sting at my heart, feeling guilty that I had to ruin her day. I folded my sticky fingers against each other and frowned. That shower I took at home before I arrived here went to utter waste. It was supposed to last me twelve days. Showering is such a hassle.

Ever since I was just little, I've hated taking showers. Matter of fact, it was something that stressed me out. I never looked forward to strip off my clothes and stand for an hour under the shower doing absolutely nothing but cleaning myself. Cleaning, as in, rubbing soap all over my body. Sometimes when I'm feeling not so lazy, I'd shampoo my hair, but that was just rarely. Even if I knew I smelled bad, there was absolutely nothing that motivated me to get in the tub and wash myself.