chap 9

Sincere dedication to B4mbiROJ for encouraging me to update faster! You're awesome ;D And also I want to personally thank sialess because I love you for always commenting and voting and just supporting me i Iove you x2 and i hope you're doing fine cuz i know life for you has been hectic

***

Mrs. Perry, my third period history teacher, was rambling on about something I didn't care about. My mind was fixated on the martial arts project as I was flipping pages of the Nova History Textbook which wasn't all that thick. I really need to win that competition. Thanks to Maggie, I've been jotting down ideas like crazy because I know I can't rely on her. She acts like she cares but she doesn't show it at all. Her excuse always is, 'the ideas haven't found me yet!'

Getting annoyed just thinking of her, I groaned loudly. I got a disturbed look from the man sitting beside me and I could've sworn I noticed him scoot away from me. I made an irritated sound as I looked away. Who cares, Ivy? When you win the competition, you're the one who's going to be able to see your mom, and not him.

How hard is it to come up with an original idea anyway? Didn't Sensei say something about a battle? Or a performance? But what kind of performance? She wasn't specific at all. She could've at least provided us with a few ideas.

Page after page, acting like I'm even reading and following along with the rest of the class, I felt a strong aura slam my way as gravity pushed the history textbook form my grip. I watched the book fall onto the floor, creating a loud thud. My heart skipped a beat at the sudden happening and I bit my lip as I felt everyone's eyes on me.

The first thing I noticed was how quiet the atmosphere had gotten and what difference had it made now that Mrs. Perry has stopped rambling. Her eyes jumped in confusion as she watched me then to the fallen textbook.

"Carey, you'll be spending your weekends with me," the teacher says clearly.

"What? Why me?!" she replied in hysterics. 

"Ivy, pick up your book. I'll make sure Carey stops messing with that troublesome ability of hers." She says in slight annoyance.

"Ugh. Freaking old hag," I heard her mutter from the back and I couldn't help the mischievous smile creeping on my lips.

I placed my book on my desk and rose my eyebrows in curiousness as I examined the page that it randomly fell onto. The Battle of the Hegnakan - The Beginning of the End. Intrigued, I read further and widened my eyes in disbelief as I came across some mind blowing facts.

"The first to ever be born as Novas were two twin girls?" I asked in astonishment as I sat beneath the dark silver sky that was decorated in thick stormy clouds. Sitting on the stairs outside the school building, I was surrounded by faces I felt comfortable with as Viridis attempted to take a bite from my cheese pizza.

"Duh... Don't tell me you didn't know that!" Maggie says obnoxiously with a shocked expression plastered on her tanned face.

"Obviously she didn't." I heard Luen mutter under his breath as he dug into his pocket to take out a lollipop.

I ran my hand through my hair, trying to get it away from my face as much as possible. However, the wind wasn't on my side today. Even Viridis' skirt would flail up although she didn't seem to be concerned with that.

Maggie snarled at Luen, who was leaning on the railing of the stairs, then looked back at me. "But yeah, the first to ever be born Novas were twins."