hey angel

song preference

+

"Hey angel,
tell me do you ever try,
to come to the other side?
Hey angel,
tell me do you ever cry,
when we waste away our lives?"

Calum sat down on the dry, cold grass in front of the grey stone, his heart breaking a little more every time he saw what was written on it.

Luke Robert Hemmings
1996 – 2015
Son, Brother, Friend, Boyfriend
You'll always have a special place in our hearts.

"Hey angel," Calum said quietly, feeling pretty awkward since there were a few other visitors at the graveyard that evening. "It's been three months since you left today," he continued, fiddling a little with the grass.
People usually thought of Calum as pretty weird when they saw him sit there and talk to nothing. It was nothing to them, it was everything to Calum. Everything.
Luke was Calum's everything; the one he loved more than anyone. The only one he had left.
"It's pretty lonely down here you know, how is it up there? Is it fun?" Calum felt pretty stupid when he talked, but it always felt good afterwards. He missed Luke, he just did. You couldn't really blame him for being the sad person he was.

"Have you met mum and dad yet? How are they? Are they happier now?"

Calum had lost his parents in a car accident three years ago, and that had been a horrible experience for him, he had been the only survivor and the exact same thing happened when Luke died. It was a car accident, and Calum was the only survivor.
How was it possible? He didn't want to be the only survivor, the ones who died had so much more to live for.

Calum felt like his life didn't matter anymore since he lost everyone he ever loved and cared about.
Him and Luke had met a few weeks after Calum's parents death and got to know each other quickly, one thing led to another and one day they kissed each other.
They had been together for a year and a half when the accident happened, and it ruined Calum's life. The poor boy had no one left.

"What even is the point in life when everyone I loved is gone?"

Calum didn't feel like his life mattered anymore. It was like ever since Luke died, everyone else turned their back against him and left him alone. Everyone cared before Luke's death, it was like Calum was less worth it when he didn't have Luke.
Calum had thought about it a lot, about ending it, about attempting suicide.
But, he was scared, what if he'd miss something incredible? What if he'd miss the biggest chance in life ever?
No, that wouldn't happen, would it?

"Why can't you come back, Luke? I thought you'd stay with me forever."

Calum knew that Luke wouldn't - couldn't - come back. It was impossible. But deep down, he just wished that something impossible would happen, just to make his life better.

"Say hi to mum and dad from me, I miss them," Calum stood up, tears were already falling. Calum sniffled quietly and began to walk away.

"Angel, why can't you come back to me?" He whispered, closing his eyes.
"What am I supposed to do?"
He had pushed through three months without his beloved Luke, would he be able to try and get through more, or maybe he should just give up and leave?
He had no idea, and probably would never have.

+

[slightly edited]
this was a bit sad...but tbh sad stories (one shots) is what i enjoy writing about. no i don't like it when they're sad, but this is just a story. it's easier to write sad stuff for me. idk. hope you liked it and i will probably continue with the song preferences for a while.

(late) merry christmas and a happy new year (idk if i'll update this before 2016)