enemies

been working on this for a while, hope you like it.

and i know these things are like everywhere but i like them so idk...and ofc if you see anything spelled wrong or some grammar wrong, pls correct me bc english isn't my main language so.... :)

+

Luke and Calum had always disliked each other, ever since Luke put glue in Calum's hair when they were in sixth grade because he got it as a dare.

Or well, Calum had always disliked Luke; Luke just automatically didn't like Calum back.
Calum was best friends with Ashton, who was best friends with Michael and Michael was best friends with Luke. It was a bit of a mess, but since they all kind of knew each other they wanted to hang out together! Well, at least Ashton and Michael wanted to bring their best friends. They had realised through the years though, that it probably would never be better between the youngest boys. Until Michael came up with a stupid idea, that actually had a possibility to work.

As the four were sat in Ashton's house, Calum and Luke refusing to talk to the other, Michael whispered his idea to Ashton, who at first thought of it as horrible but then changed his mind. "Let's do it," he then said.
As a few minutes passed by, Calum had to go to the toilet, and as he was there Ashton asked Luke to get his phone that was in his bedroom. And then after Luke left and Calum came back, he told Calum to do the same thing.
Ashton had his phone with him actually, so Luke wouldn't find it.
Calum started to walk up the stairs and the other two tipped toed after him.

"What if this ends in World War 3?" Michael said, as a joke but also pretty seriously. "Well, hopefully no one dies," Ashton had simply replied, making Michael chuckle.

Calum had just entered the bedroom; Ashton grabbed the door handle as quick as possible and closed the door and locked it. In this moment he was lucky his bedroom wasn't able to be unlocked from the inside.
So now, the two enemies were stuck in there.
"Ashton, what the fuck?!" Calum shouted as he started banging on the door, Ashton just laughed.
"You two stay there until you're friends!" He said in between laughs.
"Are you kidding me?!" Luke now shouted, the older boys laughed and walked back to the living room. "This will be interesting," Michael mumbled as Ashton smiled proudly. "Very."

Ten minutes passed by without any word from either Luke or Calum. Calum was stood by the door, leaning against it and Luke was sitting on the bed. It couldn't be more awkward than this.
"This is very awkward," Luke then decided to say, hoping it would ease it up.
"No shit, dumbass," Calum muttered in response. That was the first thing they had properly said to each other in a year or two.
"Ugh, I don't deserve this," Luke groaned to himself quietly, Calum huffed. "You deserve it more than I do."
"Excuse me?" Luke said in an annoyed tone, Calum smiled evilly.
"Well yeah, I wasn't the one putting glue in someone's hair so they had to fucking shave the glued part of," his smile quickly disappeared into an angry frown.
Luke kept quiet, not knowing what to reply.
"It was only a dare, you know," Luke now looked up to meet Calum already looking at him.
Calum rolled his eyes annoyingly. "Shut up, Luke," he said. "I don't care."
"Did you know how people treated me after I had to shave a part of my hair? They made fun of me, okay? Ever since sixth grade till I changed school," Calum then said, his angry voice turning a bit sad and low.
"I can't believe we're having a conversation," Luke just said, Calum sighed but didn't say anything more.

Ashton smiled jokingly as he slid the note in through the interstice (I don't know what it's called so I had to google it, please correct me if it's hella wrong or something) of the door and wall.
Calum picked it up, Luke didn't even notice until Calum choked on his own spit.
"Are you fucking serious, Ashton?!" He yelled and Luke jumped at the sudden yell.
Ashton just laughed from the other side of the door. "I am very serious," he said and then walked back to the living room.
"Kiss each other if you want to get out of the room," Calum read out loud and Luke now choked himself. "What?!"
"He's not serious," Calum whispered to himself. Yeah, Calum might've been gay but Luke wasn't, or well, Calum didn't know? But that didn't matter because even if Ashton was serious or not, this wouldn't happen.

Luke stood up from the bed and bit his lip, which made Calum look up and actually feel a bit nervous. "I am tired of being in here, it's been half an hour," Luke mumbled and Calum raised an eyebrow.
"I'm sorry for putting glue in your hair, I'm sorry that your classmates treated you like shit afterwards, but it's been so many years. Why do we still hate each other?" Luke said, his arms crossed over his chest. Calum was still holding the note in his hands, he felt the nervousness rise, he didn't like where this was going.
"I don't-""You want to get out of here too, right?"
Calum didn't answer; he was slightly surprised at Luke's actions.

"I know you want to," Luke walked closer, making Calum walk backwards slowly.
"Luke, what-""I never really hated you, Calum," Luke interrupted him and Calum gulped. What the hell?
"I like you; I just pretended to dislike you over the years so you wouldn't notice." Okay, Calum now felt a bit scared.
Luke continued to walk closer and Calum further away, until he walked into the door.
Luke was just a few inches away from him, and Calum had probably never been this nervous before.
"I am going to kiss you, so we can get out of here," Luke said, and Calum didn't get time to react or even open his mouth to say something, because Luke's lips were now pressed against his own and his hands placed around Calum's waist.
And Calum didn't know why or how; but he kissed back. His hands were automatically placed around Luke's neck and he completely forgot that he was kissing Luke, just for a few seconds he forgot it all.

Luke was about to deepen the kiss when Ashton's voice interrupted them. "Have you kissed yet?"
They quickly pulled away, Calum soon realising what just happened. Luke let go off Calum's waist. "Yes, let us out now," he said and Ashton laughed.
"Yeah sure," he said, "I'll leave you there for a few more minutes," he laughed and walked away.

Luke smirked and glanced over at Calum, who was staring into the wall with wide eyes. He was breathing heavily, both of lack of breath but also because of surprise. "I'm going to be honest with you Calum," Luke said lowly, making Calum unsurely look away from the wall and meet his blue eyes. "I enjoyed that."
Calum seemed a bit off before he answered; he let out a shaky breath.
"Me-me too."

-

ahhh this is finally updated!! i really hope you liked it even if it might've been a bit cheesy or whatever...i like cheesy stories so :)

this has around 1200 words im proud of myself.
ok goodnight/morning, pls vote if you like it, it motivates me a lot. even if i suck at updating. have a great day xx