just breathe

warning: this is not edited and its written pretty quickly, so mistakes are probably made but please don't correct them.

calum was soaked, only wearing a hoodie and jeans in the rain wasn't the best choice.
the rain was pouring down, just like his tears.

he had five missed calls from luke, but he just refused to answer, he didn't want to talk to anyone; he wanted to be alone, he was sad.
the tour was stressing him out, he was jet-lagged, he missed australia, he wanted to sleep but couldn't.
he was living his dream, but it wasn't as dreamy as he thought it would be.

he was surprised that his phone was still working, it was in his back pocket and the rain had made all of him wet.
he soon felt his phone ring again and he assumed it was luke.
maybe he should answer? he sneaked out of the bus an hour ago, luke was probably very worried.

he sighed and answered, his voice a bit shaky, the tears still streaming down his already wet cheeks.
"h-hello," he said and luke gasped.
"oh my god, you're alive! where are you? are you okay? why-"
"im outside," calum interrupted his boyfriend, and sniffled quietly. "im-"
"are you crying?!" luke panicked, and calum bit his lip. "tell me where you are, im picking you up right now, why the hell are you outside? it's pouring down!"
"im not so far away from the bus," calum sniffled again, wiping away the tears with the back of his hand.

and after about fifteen minutes of calum telling luke where he was, a car pulled up and luke rushed outside, slamming the car door close and hugged his boyfriend tightly, not caring if he got wet.
"i was so worried! don't ever leave like that again!" luke said, his hands now placed on calum's cold cheeks.
calum sniffled. "im-im sorry..."
"just get in the car, we have to get you warm as soon as possible."

a few minutes later, they were sat in the car. calum had wrapped a blanket around him and luke glanced over at his boyfriend every now and then.
"why did you leave like that?" he then asked after a few minutes of silence.
calum's breath was shaky, because one: he was freezing, and two: he was still crying.
"im-im honestly not sure," he said, voice weak. "everything is too much right now. i had to be alone, and i didn't want you guys to notice anything," he said, sniffling.
"well, we were hella worried, calum..." luke said and sighed. "you know, cal, you can talk to us. im your boyfriend, i'll always be there for you. yeah you wanted to be alone, but you can just tell us."

calum got a tighter grip on the blanket, knowing what luke said was true.
"im sorry," he mumbled.

after ten more minutes of driving, they pulled up outside the bus and rushed through the rain and inside the bus.
it was pretty late, the other band members had already got into their bunks and were already asleep.
luke gave calum some dry clothes and after a while, they sat down in the sofa, sharing a blanket. "why did you leave?" luke asked, again.

"i already told you," calum said quietly, his hair was still wet and he was still cold.
"give me more details," luke continued and calum looked up to meet luke's blue eyes.
"there are so many things going on right now, the tour, the interviews, the rehearsing, the writing, missing home, being jet-lagged...im tired of it," calum said, breaking the eye contact. "im-im not enjoying it anymore, i had to be alone, and i didn't say anything because i didn't want you guys to worry, but you did, im sorry..."
"you've said sorry too many times now, cal," luke said, taking calum's hand in his. "just breathe, everything will be fine in the end," he whispered, intertwining his fingers with calum's.
"i love you," calum said, his voice not so low anymore. "i really do love you luke."
"and i love you too," luke replied, pressing his lips against calum's.

i've been pretty sad lately, so writing sad stuff is easy at the moment.

i usually write sad one shots/stories anyways, but that's just my type of writing i guess. if you're not a fan of sad stuff then i suggest that you don't read my stuff (:

please let me know what you thought of this, it was a random idea i got today.