Chapter 4: Kill or be Killed

"Mason!" I yell , running over to him. He picks me up and rubs my hair.

"What's up baja?" He responds shaking my hair. I give him a look.

"I was unaware that you were in town." I said honestly.

"Yeah , uh , my brother's death brought me back." He mentions. I give him a pity hug and he returned it.

"So how's life , how did NYU go?" He asked. I groaned.

"Tyler told you." I deadpan.

"Tyler told me." He repeated. I chuckle.

"Yeah , it was fine , they told me to come back next year to finalize things but everything's good." I assure. He nods his head at me. I turn around to see Stefan. Great.

"Great , the bunny eating Salvatore." I comment. He looks down at me.

"And the mini used to be witch." He fires back. I roll my eyes.

"Stefan , right?" Mason says. "The other Salvatore."

"The nice one." He responds. I snort. "The vegan one." I add , earning a chuckle from Mason and a glare from Stefan.

"The one offering an apology." Stefan mentioned. Mason shook his head.

"Not interested." He told Stefan. I B line over to Caroline , not wanting to be in this conversation anymore.

-------

I'm painting and listening to music. Caroline and Elena are talking and it's about Katherine and Stefan most likely Elena filled me in on how Katherine is dangerous and what not. Things I already know. I finish painting the wooden board and I caught a glimpse of Elena going to talk to Stefan.

"Uh oh , longing looks are being exchanged." Caroline commented. I chuckle.

"I'm going to go talk to him." Elena says. I shrugged it off.

"No, Elena. I think it's a bad idea." Caroline responded. Elena ignores her and goes anyway. I don't see what's the big deal. Caroline crossed her arms and Damon appeared. His eyes looked back at me and I painted mindlessly. I overhear Elena and Stefan talking and I found myself listening.

"Do you still care about Katherine?" Elena asked. What the hell? No he doesn't.

"Don't do this . Please , don't turn this into something that it's not." Stefan pleaded.

"So this isn't up for discussion. That's what you're saying?" Elena questions. I glare at them.

"No, I'm saying that this isn't up for discussion right now because we have ears on us." He says looking at us. I stare blatantly at them with an angry glare at them.

"Okay. When?" Elena asked.

"I don't know." Stefan responds.

"I saw her Stefan. It was like we're the same person how could you hate her and be in love with me?" Elena argues. I hum and paint little designs.

"You're reaching. I'm not-- I'm not Damon." Stefan defends.

"How about we don't bring Damon into this right now?" She started.

"You know I can't, I can't do this anymore , Elena." Stefan said. I dropped everything and stood still. Is- are they-

"Fine , Stefan , whatever." Elena responded. No . No uh uh. Something is up. Something.