Chapter 8: Katerina

Elena and I go over to the Salvatore house because Stefan texted us both.

"Hello Arielle , Elena." Damon greets. I nod at him.

"Stefan here?" We ask in unison.

"He called , said it was important." Elena adds.

"Right this way." He instructs.

"Hey." We greet.

"What's this about Stefanie?" I inquired. He moves out of the way to show Rose.

"Why , what is Rose doing here?" I added. Everyone looked at me like they stole the last cookie out of the cookie jar.

---

"Okay , you two have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years. And I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus , I know is real." Rose stated.

"Yeah , yeah." I responded, swatting my hand around. "Who is he?"

"One of the originals. He's a legend." Damon answered.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan added.

"Ahh, just like Elijah." I spoke.

"No. Elijah was the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus." Rose cleared up. I look at her attentively. "He was a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan adds.

I snorted. "Klaus sounds like a bitch." I say crossing my arms. Elena nudges me and I roll my eyes.

"So what you two grandparents are implying is that the oldest vampire in the world is coming after us?" I questioned.

"Yes." Rose says the same time as Stefan says "No."

"What they're saying is-- I mean, if what she's saying is true..." Damon cuts in.

"Which it is." Rose defends.

"And you're not just saying it so we don't kill you..." Damon adds.

"Which I'm not." Rose says quickly. I smile in amusement.

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe." He clears up. Elena nods.

"Look , Elijah's dead , right?" Stefan mentioned. "So that means no one else even knows that you two exist."

"Not that you know of." Rose implies.

"Not really helping , Rose." I state glaring at her.

"Look I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him." Stefan says. "I mean we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. I mean we don't know what's real. For all we know , he could just be some stupid bedtime story."

"He's real." Rose defends. "And he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus , then you're an idiot."

"Welp , I guess I'm an idiot." I mutter.

"Alright we're shaking you've made your point." Damon stated. I nod. I grab my backpack and gulp down the rest of my blood and get up off of the couch. Elena grabs her purse and follows me.