Chapter 16: Know Thy Enemy

I need to stop going to sleep when all the madness pops up. You guys want to know what I missed ? A lot. Hell a WHOLE DAMN PARKING LOT. Len and I's mother is back in town. You know how she showed up? At our freaking door step, leaving our aunt baffled and confused. Jonas tried to kill Len, but that's normal. Luka died. Matt knows Care is a vampire. And now Nayla wants me to meet her at the park at three.

And that's what you missed on... Glee.

Hell I wish.

I throw on a halter top , some high waisted blue jeans , converse and a windbreaker. I go downstairs to get the door and it's Alaric.

"Hey. Is she up yet?" He asked. I looked towards Len.

"She won't come out of her room." She reveals.

"What'd you tell her?" Ric questioned.

"Nothing. She won't talk to me." Len mentioned.

"We're going to have to fix this, Elena." Ric stated.

Jenna walks down the stairs.

"Hey." Len starts.

"Jenna." Ric says.

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go." She sneered.

"Okay, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." Ric starts. She feels rage and betrayal. It's so strong. I channel her emotions on accident, which was a mistake.

"You lied to me!" I scream at Ric. Len holds me back and I snap out of it. I turn towards my sister who is giving me a concerned look.

"That would pretty much cover it." Jenna says, putting on her jacket and grabbing her bag.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I din't want to be in this house." She answered with a hint of bitterness.

"Jenna, please just stop. Let us explain to you exactly what is going on." Ric tries to reason.

"Arielle, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the historical society's check for your mom's foundation." She tells me.

"Okay." I replied.

"But, Jenna, please just-"

"I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you." Jenna cuts Len off leaving out the door.

"Jenna , just-" Len tried to talk to her.

John joins us in the front room. I groan.

"Let her go. It's better that she's not here, with what everything that's going on but maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this-" John is cut off by Ric punching him in the face.

I clap.

"Yes! You have now idea how long I've been waiting for someone to punch him." I admit. Len suppressed a smile and nudged me.

"Sorry, girls." Ric apologized. I waved my hand.

"You're fine , someone had to do it." I excused him. He nods and leaves. My twin and I turned to John and Len smiled at him. 99% percent sure it was fake.

"You know this is your fault, right?" She reminded. He look sympathetic. I scoffed.

"Right.." He agreed.

------

I'm about to stab this lady in the eyeballs. My birth mother is a pain in the ass.

Len comes down with Stefan and she looks pissed.