Chapter 14: The Dinner Party

Not that I hate my aunt. I love her dearly actually it's just me , mixed with mornings. Ehhh , disastrous.

So Jen wakes me up , forces me out of bed , makes me put on actual clothes and for what? To BOND WITH ELIJAH. I couldn't tell her why I couldn't go or about the sacrifice or the fact that , Elijah wanted to kill my twin. Bonnie told me all about the plan , that I had to perform the spell and what not. No matter what Len had to die. I wish there was a way around this. She could become a vampire, but she doesn't want to and I'm not inflicting that choice on her because she doesn't want to be one.

I totally respect her decision, too. I didn't want to be a vampire or a witch. Things just happen and I had no control , my job was to accept it and move forward.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna mentions. I roll my eyes.

"Ah, the Fells... one of the Founding Families." Elijah says sadistically. Jen and I give him looks.

"Why do you say it like that?" She questioned.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise." Elijah explains. Well damn , Google if you knew all this , already why are you here ?

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna says.

"Which means the ever lauded founding families.... didn't actually found anything." Elijah finished. I glare at them both curiously.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jenna renders. I scoff.

"Yes, they are." Elijah agreed. Alaric joins us and I move over to him.

"Help me get out of here." I whisper desperately.

"Anything the matter , Miss Arielle?" Elijah asks. I look at him and shook my head.

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduced.

"Friend? Hmm , those late night visits must be sleepovers then," I comment. Jenna elbows me in the stomach. I clutch my stomach and glare at her.

Ric stifles a laugh. "Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?"

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Elijah suggested.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got the list in the car. Just give me a sec." Jenna says leaving Ric and I alone with Elijah.

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Arielle and Elena's list of loved ones to protect." Elijah asks half curiously.

"So is Jenna." Ric says protectively. Jealousy is amplifying off of Ric like his height. He's jealous ? Of Elijah ? Come on.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women." Elijah mentions. Ric gives him a look and I laugh. "It's a joke, Ric, lighten up." I continue laughing and Ric glares at me and I stop laughing.

"Right." Ric says still glaring at me.

--------

Carter and I are up in his room talking about my new abilities and what not.

"And I remember when Nayla used to blow up everything on accident and cried afterwards." He chuckles at the memory. I gape at him.

"Blow up?" I questioned turning right side up.