Chapter 18: Klaus

Elijah is taking forever to wake up. He wakes up in a bolt and I speed over to him.

"Nayleen." He speaks breathing heavily.

"Hey , Elijah. It's me , Arielle." I whispered. He goes quiet and calm again. Elena looks at me nervously.

"I-I can't breathe." He says running into a wall. Shit , he hasn't been invited in. "I - I can't be in this house."

"Crap , Len he's not invited in." I remind. Her eyes widen and she runs upstairs. "You need to get me out of here." He says bolting up the stairs and out of the house. He attempted to walk inside of the house but the barrier prevented it.

"What happened?" He questioned. I scratch the back of my head.

"Shh!" We tell him. I tap my index finger on my ear.

"We'll tell you. Not here." Elena says. "Can I trust you?"

"Can I trust you?" He asked. I used my enhanced hearing to check for any signs of Stefan or Damon. I reluctantly give him the dagger. He takes it while looking at me suspiciously.

-----

Elijah is on his fourth blood bag and he's looking pretty.

"You look better." Len and I say in unison.

"Where did you find the dagger?" He asked.

"We'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. We need your word." Len answers.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." Elijah comments.

"No demands. I'm offering you my help to kill Klaus. And in return, I want yours."' I negotiate.

"And why should I even consider this?" He questioned.

"Because you need us to kill Klaus and the fact that you haven't tried to rip us to shreds. And we need you." I explained. Lena's phone rings and she answers.

"Yes, we're fine." She answers Stefan.

"Oh, hi Robin hood." I greet sarcastically. I hear him chuckle lightly.

"He's right here." Len says.

"No, Stefan, Elijah , Elly and I need some time alone." Len opposed. I snatch the phone from her.

"Listen to me. Be can't be trusted he'll use you two to get to Klaus." Stefan says.

"Steffie , Elijah is a noble man. He lives by a code of honor. We can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, we have proven ourselves." I spoke into the phone.

"You guys can't do this alone." Stefan opposed still.

"We're not alone." I say looking at my twin. Our fingers intertwined. "We have each other."

She takes the phone back. "It's our decision, Stefan. Please respect it."

"And make sure Damon doesn't do anything stupid. We'll be in touch. Au revoir." I dismiss him hanging up her phone.

-------

"He's here." Len tells Elijah.

"Klaus is here?" He questioned.

"He's taken over Alaric's body." I added.

"Of course he has. One of his favorite tricks." Elijah stated with an unamused look.

"Well what are his other tricks? What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him." Elena mentions.

"Yes, I do." Elijah confirmed.