Chapter 19: The Last Day

"Arielle and Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake. That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan rendered to Elijah.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah explained.

"The hybrid bastard." I comment sipping blood.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon inquired. "We can kill him today with Bonnie and Arielle."

"I'm not using my powers to kill that douche." I deadpan.

"Damon." Stefan says.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena reminded.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." He states. I slap him using my finger. He glares at me.

"It's not an option , Damon." My twin and I say in unison.

"All right how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"Well , the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak , you already know." Elijah answered.

"The moonstone." Stefan and I start.

"Arielle will have to channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that , Klaus , being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah elaborated.

"So I have to help the bastard?" I questioned. Elijah met my gaze and nodded.

"You are the only one that can execute the spell as it is." He explained. I groaned.

"Great." I mumbled. Damon looks over at me.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena inquired.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah acknowledged. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger to the point of your death." Damon and Stefan look at her , Stefan grabbed her hand.

"And that's where you come in." She spoke. Elijah opened a crafty looking box.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." He started.

"So I'll be dead?" She questioned.

"And then you won't." He finished. Of course. Damon is expected to say something in 3 2 .... 1.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date? You want to come back to life , what about John's ring?" Damon rambles.

"Not gonna work." I spoke. He looked at me. "She's a doppelgänger , a supernatural occurring living breathing double of someone."

"Odds are , the ring won't work." Elijah adds.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir." Damon spat. "What if it doesn't work , Elena?"

"Then I guess I'll just be dead." She replied. I breathed heavily and closed my eyes. The thought of my sister being dead and there's nothing I can do to stop her.