Chapter Nine: Fists Are Weapons

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive.

- Bugs Bunny

Lucida and Max weren't all too happy that I didn't want to search the school tomorrow. But I had things I needed to do. I walked upstairs to my dormitory, I could feel it again. That dying urge to hurt something – and I didn't care what it was. I slammed my door shut, many people were probably wishing they could tell me to keep it down, but I didn't care. Why should I? They can die for all I care. No – what was I thinking? I ran into the kitchen pouring a glass of water and placed it on the bench, I opened the cupboard and took out the meds the doctor had given me for my uncontrollable rage. By the time I got back to my sink my hand had moved on its own and knocked the glass right into the wall – smashing it. I quickly took another glass from the cupboard and poured water and my pills down my throat.

After that I collapsed onto my bed. That was a really close call. I don't know what Lucida and Max would think if they knew I had to take pills for rage. Not to mention my depression meds and numbing pills – for when I go to sleep of course. I don't like dreaming, if I dream, it always turns into a nightmare – this way I won't have any regardless. My phone was on the side table next to my bed, I texted the Chairman saying I wasn't able to clean the boy's cafeteria, anytime I said I couldn't do something – he usually knew why, and would never question me on the matter, good news for me, bad news for whoever he asked to clean it now. Poor buggers.

I wasn't ready to sleep. I needed to do something to keep my mind off punching the wall. Why was I so angry? I sat up and looked around my room, what to do? I looked behind me at the window and the book shelf right next to it – that'll work. How many books can I read before I get tired? I estimated – if each was under 300 pages – 6. I started reading. The first book I chose was called 'The Silver Kiss' by Annette Curtis Klause. 224 pages long, published by Random House Children's Books, and only got it for $3 at a book stall when I was 6. It didn't take me that long to read it, and I was already onto my next book, then the next, and another, and another. I'd read five books – close enough – before I was too tired to read anymore. I took the pills that numbed me while I slept and fell into my bed without a second thought. It didn't take long before I fell asleep – because when Thursday came, I wouldn't have time to rest. I didn't dream – not that I'd want to.

Thursday came all too quickly. I can't wait till I'm 18 and I can move away, back to the home that was left under my name. Although, if I wanted to, I could run the academy too – but that's too much work. I got up and went into the bathroom,

"Hello stranger." I.D. smiled,

"Hey." I yawned, turning on the tap and waiting for the water to warm,

"Ready to take on another dreadful Thursday?"

"No." I splashed my face and watched the water fall off my face and into the sink,

"But I'm going to give it all I got. Just like every other time." I smiled, if I didn't give into Thursday's by now, when would I? This morning would be fine, I had Information Technology. It was the only lesson I had – then it was onto the gym, or what I will now nickname – purgatory.

The events of the day were fairly normal, and no students had died recently. Good. I liked the fact that this guy was waiting for a while – or maybe even stopped. It would give some students time to mourn the loss of their friends – now – where are my friends? Lucida and Max both had Information Technology with me, so I waited in the computer room till they came.

Max arrived about 4 minutes before Lucida. Even though all the teachers knew that we could surpass even them – they still wouldn't let us arrive a little late for class.