Say Goodbye (Part Two)

Zini :

"Yah , that's us ." I stepped up then the rest followed behind me .

"Well , I got good news and bad news ."

"Bad first ." Nessi said .

I nodded in agreement .

"Well she has 6 to 7 months to live . The cancer hit some tough spots . And she also had to stay here in the hospital for this time period ."

Nessi took a deep breath , I looked at her and her eyes were watery . That made my eyes water as well .

"Nii the good ?" Calvin asked the nurse , while hugging Nessi .

"She is well , and up and moving , you can't tell she's sick . She is smiling , she's happy that she'll soon be with her father , the Lord ."

That made everyone smile .

"Can we go see 'er ?"

"Yeah , but only 3 people can be in the room ."

I looked at Nessi and Calvin .

"Calvin , Zini , Nessi , y'all go ahead . Just tell her we send our love and affection ."

I nodded . We walked into her room . This is probably gonna be soo hard to take in , but Ma Dukes a fuckin trooper .

Nessi :

I looked at my mom , sitting there in get glasses reading a magazine .

"Hey Momma ." I said , sitting next to her . Z and Calvin sat down in the chair along side of her bed .

"Hey baby ."

When she said that , tears began to fall from my eyes .

"No no . Nessi , why you crying ."

"You . You're in a hospital bed , dying right in front of my eyes and there's nothing we can do ." I said crying hard asa'f .

She pulled me into her arms . "Shush , baby , I'm cool . I'm cool beans ."

I laughed at her . She has always been tryna be down and hip . I wiped my face . I pulled outta the hug .

"Nobody don't need to be crying . Especially not these 3 people in this room . " I looked up and Zini and Calvin's faces were all red .

"Yeah ."I said back .

"Mhm ." She went back to her magazine ."Soo how's Weston ?"

"Ma , I'm outta school ."

"You still on campus , ain't it ?"

"Yeah ."

"Okay then ."

"It's good ma ."

"Any boys ?" She looked at me and gave me the eyebrow .

I smiled in silence .

"Calvin , honey . Give us a minute please ."

He got up and left .

"Ma , you know .."

"You gave up yo goodies , huh ?"

"Yeah , but-"

"When ?"

"When ?" I repeated .

"Yeah ." She said , closing her magazine .

"Last night . But I did it while I was an adult . I did it with somebody I trust too ."