Chapter 20

A/N: I know the AP awards are usually in July or something but because of Sabrina's pregnancy I'm making it earlier. Also I just had a bunch of raw cookie dough :)

Riley's POV

"And you're sure your mom is okay with this?" I ask.

"Are you kidding? My mom would let me go to Mars if it was with your parents

"Are you kidding? My mom would let me go to Mars if it was with your parents." Max says, "And all they really had to do is like fill out some kinda waiver thing that says my mom has given Sabrina legal permission to take me over the state line since I'm a minor and that your parents aren't kidnapping me and blah blah blah. I already have the perfect dress picked out!"

"I still can't believe my parents said you could come

"I still can't believe my parents said you could come."

"I actually think it's pretty genius. This will be the band's first time in the spotlight since the abortion article came out and now that the truth is out in the open, we all need to look good. What better way to do that than by going to the AP awards looking super fuckin' hot?"

"Very true." I say, "I'm so excited! You and I get to cut school to go to an award show not just as attendees, but as guests. We're really cool."

"And it's a good chance to redeem yourself after the Golden Gods fiasco."

"You mean me screaming at my dad in front of a bunch of famous musicians and high-end reporters? Don't remind me."

"It wasn't that bad."

"People still talk about it. My dad still gets asked about it in interviews."

"True, but overall, I think people remember you that night for your bravery. You had just returned home and a lot of your scars were still pretty pink, but you were still able to show a little skin in front of a bunch of cameras. You've been home for over a year now and this is a good chance to show the world who you've become."

"I suppose."

"I'm kind of surprised your family didn't make a big deal out of the one-year-anniversary of you coming home."

"I told them not to. I didn't really want to think about it. My dad just posted a twelve million word post on Tumblr about it and was extra lovey that day."