Chapter 25 (Trigger Warning)

A/N: Trigger Warning: Violent mentions of abuse and rape.

ALSO. If you don't normally read my author's notes at the end, please do this time. It's about this chapter and it's important. I feel the need to explain it.

Time Leap

August 4th

Chris' POV

God, it feels so good to be home. I walk into the house where I find my now very pregnant fiancé.

"Hey!"

Sabrina smiles, "Hey!" She says, coming up to me. I hug her for a long time and kiss her.

"I'm so happy you're home. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, baby." I say before quickly kissing her again, "Where are the girls?"

"They're out taking Riley's new toy for a spin."

"She actually got it, huh?"

"Yup. She still had some money saved from merch girl duty and she got quite a bit from waitressing. And she started waitressing five day a week since summer, which helped."

"Jesus, how much money does she get paid at that diner?"

Sabrina laughs, "Enough for a half-way decent used car, I guess."

We sit down.

"How have things with Max been?" I ask.

"Well, to my knowledge, things haven't gotten any worse, so that's a good thing, but it doesn't look like things have gotten any better either."

"Is she over a lot?"

"Ever day. And she spends the night at least twice a week, and at least one of those times, she'll come in the middle of the night. Sometimes she says it's because things with her mom and Adam are bad, sometimes she says it's because she's lonely; other times, she says it's just because she sleeps better here."

"I hope everything is okay..."

Just then, Riley walks in. She sees me and gasps.

 She sees me and gasps

"Daddy!"

I smile and stand, "Hey!" I say before hugging her, "Ohh, I missed you so much, Rileybear."

"I missed you too, Daddy." She says as we come apart.

"How is everything?"

"Good! I finally got my car, mine and Max's one year anniversary is coming up - "

"How long have I been gone?"

Riley laughs, "We're getting baby stuff ready, Jack got his license last week, and...we're all a little worried about Emily."

I sigh, "Again? What happened now?"

"Well, she was wearing shorts today and we all saw this gnarly bruise she had on her outer-thigh. It was purple and the size of a fricken softball."