I MADE THE 8TH GRADE TEAM!

Ahhh. Ten thousand years without writing short stories will give you such a crick in the neck!

HELLO FELLOW WRITERS AND READERS AND FRIENDS! I HAVE RETURNED!!

After a long break, Power of the Pen is officially in season again, and I am absolutely ecstatic to share my creations with you. As you may have realized, I am now an eighth grader, which means this is my final year of Power of the Pen. (wHYYY.!!) But, it does mean I have a year's worth of stories to put on here for you guys, and hopefully you guys will continue posting yours too! (I'm looking at you jajayray , CadieKleftis , Sasha0304...)

It's been so long so if I forgot you, Power of the Penner, then please comment. :)

Anywho, I will be posting every single eighth grade story on here for you guys. I hope you enjoy them and give feedback! My goal this year is to make it to regionals and state and hopefully do better than last year. I like to challenge myself. I also want to get another best of round... Which I hope will become a best of the best! I'm a little rusty on my terms. Gosh, it has been so long.. But it hasn't at the same time.

WAIT. Hold up. DID I EVER POST MY STATE STORIES FROM LAST YEAR????

Okay... I don't know if I did or not. If I didn't, those will be up ASAP.

I'm going to tell you the story of tryouts now. They were held sometime in September, I don't remember when. At least 30 seventh graders showed up, and get this -- the only eighth graders that tried out this year were the same exact people from last year that were on my team. So, we didn't even have to try out, because exactly 8 people tried out and 8 people make it. It was pretty hilarious. NO OTHER EIGHTH GRADERS WANT TO CHALLENGE US, THE ORIGINALS!

It was nice because we got to explain some things to the seventh graders and I was SO GLAD so many of them showed up that day. I hope they do well this year. Their prompt for tryouts was "The First Time." The eighth grade prompt was "The hole."

(P.S. I will be putting that story on here soon... Stay tuned!)

MY COMPETITIONS THIS YEAR:

DISTRICTS: Mount Union

REGIONALS: Malone University

STATE: The infamous College of Wooster.

COMMENT IF YOU ARE GOING TO ONE OF THOSE -- IT WOULD BE A DELIGHT TO SEE YOU! :D

By the way, if any of you want to follow me on Instagram, feel free! Just please DM me first to tell me who you are because otherwise I won't accept you. :P My username is olivaxjeree. I have made quite a few posts about Power of the Pen if you scroll down a little. Feel free to stalk those.

This post is all over the place, but you know what?

See you guys later! :D