Chapter 1

Callie's POV

I don't remember anything that happened last night. I was faintly waking up. I realized that I had a huge bruise on my face. What was this from? I roll out of bed and grab my phone off of my armoire. Of course, nobody else but Scott texted me. I unlock my iPhone and respond to his message.

"Good Morning babyy."

I place my phone back in its original place and walk downstairs. Once I'm finally downstairs I see that my father is drunkenly passed out on the sofa. He was probably out partying and drinking again. That's probably why I have that huge bruise on my face. I cannot wait until next week. Next week I leave to live with my aunt in Australia.

I hear groaning coming from my living room. I grab a bowl and pour my cereal into it and I add milk. I grab another bowl for my sister, Aleah and walk out of the kitchen. My dad is awake and he stands up and walks close to me. He punches me in the face causing me to drop the bowls of cereal. He kicks me and I flinch.

"Where the fuck were you last night you little cunt?" My father slurs.

"I-I was out with friends and Aleah."

My father is walking towards my shaking body. He kicks me in the gut and screams, "Clean this shit up off my floor now you little bitch"

I whimper and go upstairs to grab a towel to clean the mess my father made. I hate the fact that he always does this bullshit to me. Its never Aleah. Its always me.

Maybe because she's younger.

And that I'm almost 19.

God I hate how Aleah is four years younger than me. I'm used to it by now. I've been abused since I was 14 and I refuse to deal with it anymore. I'm an adult and I shouldn't be treated like this.

About ten minutes later I finish cleaning up the mess my father made and I run upstairs to my room. I grab my phone off the armoire and text Scott.

'Baby! I miss you so much, we have to hang out soon.'

I set my phone down and walk to my closet. I grab a pair of black shorts, and a plain white tee. I throw them on my bed and walk to the bathroom. I undress myself and hop into my shower. The warm water feels amazing trickling down my body and my scars from my father. I look down and see a hundred scars on my thighs from last week. I really need to stop cutting myself. I promised Jessica I would stop cutting, but she doesn't know about my incident last week.

I grab my towels off the counter and wrap my hair up in one and the other one around my body. I walk back into my room and I hear my phone ringing I run over to my armoire and pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Callie! Oh thank god you picked up, I need you. Can you please come over today"

"Um, I'm kind of scared about what happened but since you're my best friend of course I will come over. I'll be over in an hour. I love you Jessie."

"Thanks Cal! I love you too. See you soon!"

I end my call with my best friend, Jessica and put my phone back on the armoire. I grab my clothes off my bed and quickly get dressed. I go back into my bathroom and grab my curling wand out and plug it in.

While my curler is heating up I start to put my makeup on. A little bit of bronzer, some mascara, some liquid eyeliner, and some eyeliner. Once I'm done with my makeup my curling wand beeps signaling its done.

I part my hair and begin to wrap it around the wand. Thirty minutes later my dark red hair is in perfect curls. I unplug my wand and grab my phone, my purse and head out the door.

I'm about to open the door when I hear loud footsteps coming from the basement. Most likely my father coming for me. Oh great.

"Where do you think you're going you little slut?"

"I'm going over to Jessie's house. What's it to you?" I say sassily. 

"Don't give me attitude you bitch!"

My father goes to hit me, but I run out of the house and sprint to my car. I start my engine and press my foot against the gas and speed off away from my house.