Chapter 5: Smart Woman

I am still in tears and I am as shocked as ever realizing that I still love her. I start to think more clearly as I slowly but surely calm down. Auntie Ella did this on purpose. The reason for those necklaces was for us to realize our feelings for each other. I already knew Danny loved me, she told me constantly. I however never said anything to her after she cheated, I had no reason to. My main goal had always been to forget my feelings for Daniellaa, I was hurt so much when she had cheated. I snap back to reality and realize that Daniellaa is staring at me.

"What was the purpose of this? I ask her. 

"You had always been my reason for living. When I think about why we broke up I want to go back in time and change everything. The next night after it happened I didn't really remember anything. But I remember now. That night I went in to your cousins room, she had offered me some water before I layed down, why I took it I don't know. I remember drinking the water and after that I go into a black hole because then I don't remember. This may sound crazy but I think your cousin drugged me. " She said.

"You might be right, one thing I didn't tell you is that my cousin had gotten out of a mental institution a few nights before y'all had sex or whatever the hell y'all did. They had determined she would be fine considering she hadn't had any mental break downs. I guess she wasn't fully cured or whatever." I had told her. 

"So you mean to tell me your cousin  is psychopathic killer and you still brought her into our house" She said.

"Well not necessarily, it was an apartment and it was all mine to begin with." I said like a smart ass.

"Little girl shut the hell up. Now is not the time." She said. 

"NO! Right now is the time. Regardless of who my cousin is, you still cheated on me. Even if she did drug you, it was after you agreed to stay in there. You could've gave her ass a big teddy bear to sleep with not yourself. You can't put it all on me anyway. You made your choices fair and square! I love your auntie, but it's too hard to love you. I know the only reason you came back here was to tell me what happened. But you told me, you can leave. We can always be friends, but the necklaces and the tree isn't going to change the fact you cheated. Let it go, let me go! We've been done. There is no "us" anymore. So what I'm gonna do is drop you off at your hotel and go home. I don't need to explain anything or hear anything you have to say. We're done!" I yelled. 

I don't want to keep holding on to the past, because all that is going to happen is I'm going to be letting it control me and that's not what I want. I had stormed off to my car with Danny slowly following. We made it back to the car and I hop in the car. We make our way to her hotel, she hops out without a word. I head home, when I get there I grab my bag out the backseat only to find another note by unknown. I go in the apartment and open the note.

Dear Beautiful,

         I know you have had a rough day, but things can change. They always do dealing with you. I saw your ex today. What were you guys arguing about? It sounded pretty intense. Yes, I did follow you but only to protect you, I know it's creepy but just trust me. Till we meet again angel.

Love, 

Unknown

Who the hell is this? What do they want from me. I head into the bathroom and run me a hot bath to relax after this long day. I turn on my Pandora on my phone. I take off my clothes and slide into the bathtub. After a few minutes I get a phone call, I let out an annoyed sigh. 

"Hello?" I asked without checking the caller I.D.

All I heard was heavy breathing.

"Hello?! I asked/ yelled again

"Sorry can I come over?" Erica said. 

"Sure, the door will be unlocked, you know where to find me when you get here." I said. 

"Okay babe." She said and hung up.

I finish up in the tub then hop out and slide on a robe. See, Erica is what I would like to call my stress reliever a.k.a. f*ck buddy. I've known her since Danny and I had broke up a couple years ago. Normally I wouldn't be the type to to have a f*ck buddy, but Erica does it like no other. She knows exactly where my good spots are and gets to those spots every single time. She be having me hitting that high note in Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." R.I.P. to Whitney though she was my idol. Anyways Erica be putting down on me all types of ways. I hear a knock and then the door opens. 

"Where you at girl?!" She yells 

"Back here!" I yell.

She walks into the room looking fine as hell like always. Now let me tell you, I bet all the damn neighbors knew her name that night.