chapter 1- expert on common sense

chapter 1-expert on common sense

×------------------------------------------------------×

"Elle" I heard Kendra mumble clearly annoyed "Elle" her fingers snapped in front of my face "Noelle" she poked my arm, wanting my attention.

"Noella" she said and my attention snapped to her "Whaaatttt?" I asked her "And you know I don't like to be called Noella" I added making her smirk.

"But it always gets your attention" she explained with a sly smile "So what do you want?" I asked considering she kept bugging me "To stop staring" she said and she grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me making me laugh.

"I can't believe you dragged me into this" she mumbled and I laughed "You need to stop this it's so silly. He's never going to notice you at this rate" she explained and I frowned "What? Are you looking for, miracles?" She asked and I laughed.

"Don't be so mean Kenna" I said and she stood up and grabbed my wrist and yanked me out of the restaurant where Will works.

The sun hit my face, I was drowning in the heat sure I was wearing a tank top and shorts but the heat doesn't care. "You can't just waste your summer staring at him" Kendra mumbled as we walked down the sidewalk "Um ya I can" I answered back with a 'duh' tone and she laughed. "Well I'm not letting you" she said "Now let's go spend the rest of the day, just you and I hanging out" she suggested and I nodded "Fine. To your house we go" I said.

She laughed and we hooked arms as she skipped down the sidewalk.

**

Kendra opened the front door of her house and I followed her in, closing the door behind me. Now the air was nice and cool, "Thank god for air conditioning" I said as I tied my hair up in a ponytail.

"Wanna chill in my room?" Kenna asked and I smiled with a nod "Sure" I answered and I followed her upstairs to her room. We reached her room and I plopped down on her bed "On second thought I'm going to get a water, want one?" She asked and I nodded "Thanks" I added and she left.

I looked around her room, nothing really changed everything is in the right spot, nothing out of place. On her wall were about 12 pictures, a few were of her and I and I smiled remembering all the fun we had in those pictures. A couple of them were of her and her parents with her being an only child her parents meant a lot.

The other pictures were of celebrities like Sam Smith and Beyoncé. I heard a faint sound of foot steps and then she walked in "Here" she said giving me a water bottle which I screwed the cap off and took a swig of leaving the cold icey water to rinse down my dry throat.

"Wasn't he the cutest?" I said with a smile as I thought about Will "Okay, I didn't take you away from him to stop fangirling to bring you here and have you fangirl all over again" Kendra mumbled with a frown. "Ether you stop fangirling and shut up about him or you go and talk to him" she said

I shook my head at how much she didn't know about guys "You can't just go up and talk to them, are you crazy?" I asked and she laughed "I'm pretty sure we already established that I'm crazy but I do know that I don't want you blabbing about him all summer. I already had to deal with it all school year" she mumbled and I smiled.

"Kenna, you know nothing about boys" I mumbled and she laid down on her back with her legs proped up. "Can we just shut up about it?" Kendra asked and I frowned "No" I answered "Elle if you just look at him from a distance like a creep and never talk to him he'll never like you or even notice you" Kenna explained.

"Your right I don't know about boys but I'm an expert on common sense" she said with a smirk making us laugh, "But I don't want to just go up and talk to him. I get nervous, could he come to me" I wondered and Kendra smiled "Probably, you just have to draw attention to yourself" she said.

"How?" I asked sitting up and crossing my legs and she shrugged "Like you said Elle I don't know much about boys" she said and I crossed my arms over my chest. "Well, just me an idea, anything" I said with a sigh "You could come up with a plan you know to get his attention" she explained "We could be like little spyes" she added and I laughed.

"So your in?" I asked and she smirked "When am I not?" She asked and I laughed "Okay" I answered "What should the plan be?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Do I need to come up with everything" I mumbled and she gave me an annoyed look "Really?" She said and I nodded "I just came up with the idea to make a plan" she said and I laughed "Fine. Ummm the plan will be that we..." I started to say but I couldn't come up with anything.

"I already have the name for it" Kendra said excitedly "What is it?" I asked and she smirked "Operation Spark The Watermelon" she said proudly and I frowned "That's too long" I said "Well we could say OSTW for short" she said and I nodded.

"Okay let's Spark The Watermelon" I said and she laughed.

Authors Note;
Hey everyone, I hope you liked that, the chapters will normally be longer but I really wanted to end it like that so I just left it. Picture attached to this chapter is of Noelle who is played by Hailee Steinfeld.

Please comment and vote

Thanks