Chapter eight

June 20,2015

Daphne

I woke up on the couch in the staff room with a terrible headache. Why was I in there? What happened before I fainted? I got up and went for a glass of water by the sink. On the counter was a note from Dylan that read, "I hope you wake up soon. I'm really worried." Then it had a sad face emoji which made me laugh.

        "What ya got there?" An all too familiar voice asked. I froze.

       "A letter from an admirer?" Another one said.

      "I've got to admit, I missed making your life a living hell everyday."

      "Yeah. I've missed it too. Have you missed us?"

     "A-actually I-I haven't." I stammered.

    "Aw. That's too bad, because we wanted to continue,for old time's sake." Liam said. A hand grabbed me and forced me to face them.

    "P-please, d-don't." I begged.

   "Aw... She said please. Guys now we have to stop." They all laughed at Michael's comment. Just before the first blow was about to be received the door opened; revealing Luke and Miranda making out hard.

     For some reason I felt hurt. It was as if a part of him still liked him. It was silly, I know, but it was still there. I still liked him.

     'Oh's' from the boys came from all directions.

    "Would you look at that." Harry said holding my face so that I couldn't look away from Luke and Miranda."The boy that you've been crushing on for years now has someone else. Proof that you'll always be alone."

   "No. I won't be. I have a boyfriend who loves me." I smiled at the memory of Robert confessing his love for me.

   "Oh, that won't last. It can't." Naill said.

  "No one could love you for long. No one." Calum repeated. 

  "Come on guys. Our work here is done." Louis spoke up. They all left laughing and being all happy. They even congratulated Luke on their way out, while little Miss Miranda walked out of the room following the guys.

    I sat down on the couch crying not even acknowledging Luke's presence.

   "Daphne?" He asked.

  "Go away, Luke. I'm not in the mood." 

 "I'm not here to make you feel worse than I already have. I'm here to say that I'm s- I'm so- I'm sor-"

 "There you are. I was so worried about you. Why are you crying?" Dylan asked. He ran over to me which made me look up.

 "Why are you dripping wet and shirtless?" I asked.

 "I just saved a kid from drowning."

 "How did you know to come?"

 "I saw the guys leaving here and laughing so I figured that you were in trouble." He explained.

 "Thanks."

"I'm so glad that you're okay." He hugged me and I felt the water soak through my shirt but I didn't care. "Oh yeah. I'm all wet. And now your wet. Here I'll help you dry off." He grabbed a towel and started to dry my chest area. I was about to say that I could do it on my own but someone clearing their throat stopped him.

 "Oh, Luke. You were trying to say something?" I asked looking into the blonde's blue orbs. 

 "You deserve everything that we are doing to you." He said storming out of the room.

 "Why is he so mean? What did you ever do to him?" Dylan asked.

 "I don't know but as far as I know, I haven't done a thing."   

*

 "Okay,so you want the pepperoni pizza with a Sprite and you want chicken nuggets with orange juice,right?" I confirmed their order one last time. They all nodded yes. "I'll be back with your orders soon." I walked away from the table and the smile slowly faded away. I was like a deer crossing the road and Luke and the rest were like a bus. A big bus that would just run over me easily. I haven't seen them since this morning but it never hurts to be careful and with the pool being right next to me careful is all I can be.

  "Think fast!" A ball came hurdling at my face but a boy tackled me to get it; forcing me to lose my balance and fall into the water. I'm not exactly the best swimmer so at that moment I was sinking like a rock. Before I completely lost consciousness, I could make out eight figures above the water's surface and I immediately knew what had happened. I was being punished by those idiots.

*

PLAYLIST- MEAN BY TAYLOR SWIFT OR GOLD BY BRITT NICOLE.

HEY GUYS! SO THE GUYS ARE BACK AND MAKING DAPHNE'S LIFE A LIVING NIGHTMARE. I HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND IF YOU DID VOTE,SHARE AND COMMENT. IF YOU DIDN'T STILL VOTE,SHARE AND COMMENT. BYE!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!