Short Thanksgiving Special

**It's almost Thanksgiving sooooooooooo*

"Akicchi!~ Are you busy tomorrow? Let's have a date," Kise shouted, attacking Aki with a tight hug as she came into the gym.

"Kise, you have 5 seconds to get your ass back to the game before I make you run laps," Kasamatsu threatened.

"Akicchi, hide me. Senpai has been angry all day!"

The team took a quick break to drag the drag queen back onto the court, but it was impossible when he started to wail and clutch onto the poor girls arm tightly. After struggling for awhile, they all gave up and went back to practice. Kasamatsu was once again fuming with anger, and Kise was not helping.

"Kise, I think it's about time you go back," Aki suggested, giving him a gentle push. He let out a little whine before jogging back onto the court. "Senpai, don't be like that! We have a weekend break from school!"

"We still have practice," Kasamatsu reminded. His tall figure loomed over her as she went to refill the empty water bottles.

"Joy kill," she muttered under her breath before handing him a bottle of water. He gave a small chuckle and patted her head before running back to the court.

~~~

"Before you all leave, I have an announcement to make," Aki clapped her hands to grab everyone's attention.

"You and Kasamatsu are finally engaged?" Moriyama joked as Kasamatsu glared at him.

"I'm ve(r) happy fo(r) you two," Hayakawa congratulated, giving Aki a pat on the back.

"It all happened so fast..." Kobori muttered.

"Kasamatsu proposed to Akicchi before I could!?"

"S-Shut up and let her speak you idiots," Kasamatsu blushed.

"Well, as I was saying. I was thinking if you all weren't busy tomorrow, we can have a small Thanksgiving party? Unless you all have other plans, then forget I mentioned this."

"We don't have plans but are you sure you want us to come over? I mean, especially Kise," Kobori muttered the last part.

"I heard that senpai! You big meanie head!"

"I'm fine with it! I'll see you guys at 6 tomorrow, bye now~"

~~~

"Miss Nishimura, where should I put the turkey," Aki's hired butler for the day asked, holding up a perfectly juicy, golden, roasted turkey. The table was set up with mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni and cheese, honey smoked salmon, medium-rare steak, cranberry sauce, buttermilk biscuits, etc. To the side laid a perfectly arranged dessert table with coffee cake, New York cheesecake, vanilla and chocolate pudding, a layered cookie cake, as well as a perfectly baked pumpkin pie waiting to be topped off with whipped cream.

"Just set it in the oven please!" Aki shouted, rushing around the house to finish the decorations. It was almost 6 and she was trying to make the finishing touches as quickly as possible. The house was decorated with brown, yellow, and red streamers and lighted candles. The staff she had hired quickly set up the table laying out silverware and adding a decorated name tag on each chair.

The bell rang as soon as they were all done, and with a sigh of relief, she went upstairs to quickly change. The maids and butlers gave a warm welcome to the basketball team as they entered the house. The place seemed warm and welcoming and they were amazed out how beautifully decorated the place was.

Aki came downstairs wearing a blue dress and black stockings and on her hair was a simple red hair clip. They complimented her, causing her face to glow bright red in embarrassment.

As they all sat down at the dinner table, Kise was shocked to see her staff join in. From his past experiences at Akashi's house, it was mainly just them eating while everyone else served food. He felt a small smile come up realizing how kind of a person Aki is and was thankful for knowing someone like her. She is the first girl to talk to him like a normal human being after all. Although there were times where he wanted to protest against the punishments she gave him, he truly loved having a friend that cares so much for his well-being.

Kobori stared at all of the delicious food laid out for the team and couldn't help but feel his mouth water. All of his previous Thanksgiving dinners were good, but this beat all of them. Because his family liked to invite so many people, he never got to eat as much food. Mainly because most of it was for the elders and children, not that he cared. It was just nice to not eat leftovers for once. He was thankful for meeting Aki and believed she would be the one to lead this team alongside their captain. For such a small girl, she packed quite a lot.

Moriyama started bouncing in his seat staring at the dessert table. He's never been over at a girls house, and to make things better, there was food! This year beat all the other years where he stayed at home daydreaming about having a girlfriend cook his Thanksgiving dinner while eating his mother's cooking. He couldn't help thinking how blessed he was for meeting a wonderful manager that doesn't scream over Kise and his silly pick up lines.

Hayakawa's eyes lit up at his personally decorated name tag filled with a bunch of cats and encouraging notes. He was grateful for Aki because, after all those countless times of crying over losing practice games, she was there to cheer him up. Although he was a difficult person to understand, she was patient and took the time and effort to know him. No one ever showed that much interest in his hobbies and life as much as she did and that was what struck him emotionally.

Kasamatsu had no words. He couldn't think after seeing Aki in her blue dress and was even more blown away at the amount of food that was displayed. He didn't know what to say when he saw the maids and butler join the dinner table and stayed speechless as he looked at his name tag decorated with hearts. He was disgusted but at the same time amused. Aki sat next to him and lowered her head blushing as she noticed Kasamatsu look at his name tag. He pinched her cheeks and set the tag back down on the table. It felt like they've known each other for ages, even though he still somewhat stutters around her. He has grown more comfortable around her and even if he rarely showed it, he was thankful for knowing and meeting someone like her. Usually, when a girl doesn't get a response from him after a week or so, they give up. In Aki's case, her constant pestering has grown on him. It was strange that she didn't like Kise like the rest of the girls, but he was glad she didn't. She was a sweet girl and didn't deserve any hate, well, even if she did it wouldn't affect her anyways. Her fame and fortune never got to her head and she was always kind to others. What he admired most about her is her strong-willed personality. She never let things get to her and is persistent in making them the number one team in Japan.

As they all sat around the dinner table, they all lowered their heads to give their thanks to each other and their blessed lives. Aki was grateful for meeting such a wonderful team that loved her for who she was and the laughs they all shared. Although she had a rough start, everything slowly fell into place and she felt complete once again. This team will make a difference in her life, and it will be a good difference.