Chapter three; meeting her

Well I guess you're lucky I’m talking to you again.

 Yes, this is Axel again.

 Well I just got out of my personal, five days a week for six hours, hellhole.

In case you didn’t realize I was talking about school, or as it so happens to be called Sweet Home High School.

Yup I’m from Oregon, Sweet Home to be exact.

Such a nice name for a place I call hell.

But what can I say everyone else who lives here likes it; maybe if people didn’t mock me for being different I wouldn’t hate this place so much.

Well I go home a half hour late, the football team decided a need another beating hoping that I would go home and kill myself.

How do I know I bet you’re asking, well they said so over and over again.

 As I walked in the door the person who runs the orphanage, Ms. Watson as we had to call her, came up to me.

“Oh Axel dear what happened are you okay?” she asked trying to care about me but it was hard for her, she didn’t want anyone to think that she favored me.

“Yeah I’m fine Ms. Watson, just ran into a tree again.” She gave me a pitiful look I hated lying to her but I just couldn’t bring myself to tell her, she went through enough having to care for kids and right when she starts to get attached to them they get adopted.

 “Okay Axel I believe you but if something did happen, you know you can tell me. Anyway will you go to the airport in an hour and pick up the new girl, her name is Rose something. I can’t for the life of me remember the rest of her name but here is a sign so that she knows where to go.”

 “How did you know I was going to say yes” I asked in a joking matter, I always go and get the new kids that come by plane that way Ms. Watson can stay here with the kids who need her 24/7.

 She didn’t reply or well couldn’t cause one of the kids started crying; she smiled at me and walked away.

 I knew she appreciated my help, but I was sick off picking up little kids at airports, everyone stared at me like I was a pedophile.

 It’s like people here don’t understand that Ms. Watson can’t do everything at the orphanage and I’m the only other one that can drive, so I help out as much as possible.

 But then again I’m apparently cursed and such a horrible person.

 I walked out to my car, the only thing I really liked in my life; it was a 64 black Nova.

I repainted it from its original brown to black and had red paint splattered on it looked just like my room but in car form.

I got in and started it up and headed out for the twenty minute drive to the airport, although today it took forty minutes which is strange.

 I didn’t understand why there was so much traffic, maybe because it was the start of spring break. Most people here went on vacation.

 That must be it.

 I found a parking space near the front doors so that there wouldn’t be much walking for the new girl.

 My guess is that she is anywhere between ages 3-5 and there will be someone accompanying her.

 After a short twenty minute wait the plane came in right on schedule.

I watched people walk off holding up the sign that said “Welcome Rose” in big letters.

So far I saw no one that wasn’t with a parent or two.

Finally a lone girl came off, she look to be about 16, she was breathtakingly beautiful.

No one came out after her; she didn’t look up as she walked over to get her luggage.

 Finally she looked up but she kept her black hair in her face, I could tell from looking at her she was different than the rest of the girls here.

She wore black skinnies, a random shirt, and a truck load of eyeliner.

 Her hair was teased to perfection; she glanced around her eyes ending on me.

 She drew in a deep breath and walked over; I wanted to know what was going through her head when she looked at me.

She stopped about a foot away from me and seemed to think about what to say.

 Finally she spoke in her soft quiet voice; I could just barely hear her above everyone else.

 “Hi, my name is Rose Marie Love. I’m guessing you’re from the orphanage.” 

"Yeah my name is Axel Zane Wilford, I came to get you and take you to the orphanage” I explain in a rush knowing how awkward that must have sounded.

 I realized I needed to say something else to get the awkwardness out off the air.

I heard her giggle quietly trying to make it so that I didn’t notice.

 “Go ahead laugh at me and my name I know you want to” I said to her chuckling softly to myself.

She blushed and started giggling a little more.

 “Alright let’s get out of here people are staring at me” she said in her soft voice.

I nodded and grabbed her bags leading the way out, I knew it was soon but I was falling for her hard.

Too bad someone will probably adopt her in a few days.