Chapter eleven; Hiding

I watched from bushes as Axel drove pasted me, he had been on the road looking for me for about six months.

 He had about twenty close encounters with me, all of them in different states.

 After the first few I ran out of excuses, and had to start hiding after he was around.

 I’ve had no luck finding the end of that stupid scroll but something keeps pushing me west.

Unfortunately something kept Axel going west to.

 Every time I had talked to him played in my mind.

When we first met, our first few fights, the night I was kidnapped and two months ago when I told him my name was Annabel and my family was on vacation.

My “family” and I were heading west through the states.

 He looked me straight in the eye but never knew it was me, I guess my disguise was working.

Although he said there was something familiar about the way I talked and acted.

 I guess I would have to change that, I never knew if someone around me worked for Mr. Hate and was on the lookout for me.

 I miss him; I know that he has one of my necklaces and my book of magic.

That’s the only reason he can find me.

 I want to steal it back, but that would crush him and I don’t know if I could do that.

Part of me wants to tell him it’s really Rose Marie Love.

 My name isn’t Annabel.

But then he might never trust me again.

 But another part of me know that I can’t tell him, cause for all I know he could have been working for Mr. Hate the whole time.

At times like this I miss Daisy most; she would know exactly what to tell me in situations like this.

Sometimes it feels like she should still be here with me.

Like none of this is real.

 This is all a dream and when I wake up in the morning Daisy will be there and we’ll start cracking up, cause I have the weirdest dreams.

But I know that will never happen, she’ll never know about any of this.

We will never laugh about this.

 Most of all, we will never see each other again cause I know that she is dead.

 That wasn’t a nightmare, it was a message from here saying sorry but I couldn’t take it so I died.

It’s all my fault, I should have been looking for her no sitting in my room crying cause she was gone.

 What good did that do?

 I’m still all alone.

 Except this time I don’t have anything with me, with the exception of a few outfits to change into and a huge wad of money that I have been saving since I was born.

Why can’t my life be normal, or at least why can’t things go well.

 Something bad always has to happen.

But to get back on track I need to find the end of that scroll soon.

 It’s almost my seventeenth birthday, what if I have to do something before then.

There’s only another two weeks before I turn seventeen, two weeks before everyone I care about dies.

 Before the world ends.

 But I can’t go all the way around the world in two weeks.

All I knew is that wherever this piece of the scroll is it’s to the west.

Always west.

 I don’t know how to explain it.

 It’s like I just know.

Like I’ve done this before, maybe that’s why it doesn’t hurt so much to ignore Axel, maybe because I know in the end I’ll get to see him again.

Hopefully he won’t be to mad at me, considering that the first day we met we kept fighting.

 This I hope he understands.

 I don’t want to risk his life, he is way too important to me to do that.

 Somehow I knew that in the end he would understand, I don’t know how long it will be until I see him again but I know when I do he will understand, after he thinks about it.

All I know is that I’m on a journey that ever producer in Hollywood wants to write, if I could give it to them I would but I need to save the world.

 With or without help.

 Hopefully I will be able to have some help.

 I can’t do this on my own.

But somehow I kept walking, even though I had tears running down my face

. I held my head high and walked like there was no tomorrow.

 If only I could drive things would be much faster, man I’m turning into such a whiner I need to suck it up.

Suddenly I stopped dead in my track, I needed to change directions, I shouldn’t continue going west.

Even if it was completely random and irrational, I needed to go north.

Which means I would be taking a right.

 I turned and observed my surroundings.

 There was nothing but trees, bushes, a small cave, and birds.

 Wait that small cave, I wonder what’s in it.

I know I should keep moving but I just have to go in it and see what’s in there.

I had to; part of me felt like everything depended on it.

I headed straight for it, it smelt musty and dank but overall it was a good size cave.

Not big enough for a bear but enough space for a shelter. 

That’s when I saw it, a small torn piece of paper in the corner.

 This is exactly what I was looking for and I knew it.

I picked it up and sprinted out of the cave, staying in there to long would be dangerous.

Who knew what laid beyond the light that got into there.

I kept going long into the night, until I finally fell to the ground to rest. I

 had made it a good many miles, I read the end of the scroll.

My destiny was now clear.

 I would do whatever it takes to for fill it, no matter how long it took or how far away I would be.

Everyone here will survive without me.

 They always did.