Chapter 5: Farewell and Goodnight

"So have you told Elijah about your date?" John says as he sits at the end of my bed. I look up at him and he shake my head.

"It's just one date, besides I don't have to tell Elijah anything about who I am dating...or if I am even dating." I say, sitting my book down.

"Oh really? Says the girl who stopped talking to him when she found out about his girlfriend." he says and I sigh. I wasn't ready to tell Elijah about Daniel.

"They're going on their third month together," I say thinking about Elijah and Adele. She'd mentioned when I tried to call a few days ago.

"I know you've told me this three times in the last forty eight hours Scarlett," John says with a hint of annoyance and I look up at him.

"Right, I'm sorry. How are you?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Oh, I am great. I just think you should tell him before one day Mr. New Man pops up in a chat or he notices you're happier than normal and you're telling him about Daniel six months later." John says and I sigh as a video chat request pops up; Elijah.

"Just think about it...or here's another idea, just do it now." John says before leaving.

~~~~

"I met someone," I say quietly as Elijah jokes about his English teacher's toupee. He stops smiling and sit up. John's voice kept popping up in my head and I couldn't focus on our conversation.

"What?" he asks even though I know he heard me.

"I met someone," I repeat nervously as I sit up, playing with my hair.

"What? Wait, when?" he asks, his attention completely on me now.

"You know that day when my mother went on a bitch fit and sent me out on all those errands?" I ask, momentarily annoyed with my mother again.

"Yes, you were tired as hell and irritated." he says and I nod.

"Well, we met at the Whole Foods Market...his name is Daniel. He was there with his little siblings." I say as I think back to that day...

Flashback to two weeks ago...

"I'll call you back mother," I say angrily as I turn the corner. Bitch. I mutter as a little girl crashes into me.

"Oh my God! Are you okay sweetheart?" I say, bending down and grabbing her. 

"Excuse me," she says so sweetly I can't help but smile. I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear before standing back up.

"Excuse me cutie," I say, looking down at the little brunette.

"I'm so sorry, little squirt's just full of energy today." a male voice says as I look up from the little girl.

"It's, It's nothing. I have a little brother and cousins; I'm so used to it now." I say looking into the most beautiful hazel green eyes I'd ever seen. I was mesmerized.

"Danny says we're like Sonic," the little girl says pulling my attention back to her.

"I can see why; you're so fast. I wish I could run as fast as you." I say and she smiles.

"I've seen you somewhere else," the boys studying me quizzically.

"Are you sure?"  I ask because if we'd crossed paths before I surely would've remembered him.

"I've only been in town for a few weeks but I'm sure I've seen your face somewhere," he says.

"Do you go to Jean-Luc High? Maybe you've seen me there," I say and he shakes his head.

"No, I'm home schooled." he says bashfully and I smile at him.

"No need to be embarrassed, that's actually impressive. A lot of kids here try homeschooling but always end up coming back within a month." I say and he smiles.

"It's way better for me, I concentrate a whole lot more." he says.

"I've always wanted to try it but I'm not to keen on the idea of being home and by my lonesome most of the time." I say and he nods.

"Yeah, that part is hard sometimes but I've gotten a few friends so far. I actually went to my cousins party over the weekend over by the pond." he says.

"You probably saw me there then, my friends John and Peter threw it there." I say and he smiles.

"Peter is my cousin," he says and I smile.

"That's awesome," I say as that first meeting awkwardness starts to settle in.

"I'm Daniel by the way," he says as the little grabs his hand.

"Scarlett," I say.

"Scarlett," he echoes smiling slyly at me and I feel myself blush.

"I'll be seeing you around, Scarlett." he says before we go our separate ways...

END OF FLASHBACK

"He asked me out on a date," I say awkwardly, playing with my fingers.

"And you said yes, right?" he asks and my head snaps up. Did he really just ask me that question?

"I told him I'd think about it," I say and Elijah nods.

"Are you going to say yes?" he asks halfheartedly and I shrug.

"I'm not sure yet...I don't know, Elijah." I say hesitant as I battle with myself.

"Do you like him?" he asks and I frown.

"Just answer the question Scar. Do you like him?" he asks again.

"Yes, I think. He's seems like a good guy," I say.

"Then tell him yes and go out and have fun." he says and I nod.

"Thanks...how's Adele?" I ask.

"She's great; her mother gave birth to her little sister a few days ago,I've never seen her so happy." he says and I smile. 

"Congrats to her. Sam just won't stop growing," I say and he smiles at me.

"Aw,is someone getting sentimental?" Elijah teases me and I glare at him.

"They grow up so fast," I whine and he laughs.

"I have to go but listen Scarlett...you don't need my permission or blessing to go out. I'm happy for you and I hope everything works out." Elijah says before he yawns.

It was three a.m over here and we'd been talking since one. 

"That means a lot coming from you," I say and he smiles.

"Goodnight Scarlett," he says.

"Goodnight Elijah," I say before we end our chat. 

"Farewell Elijah...and goodnight," I mumble to myself, snuggling into my covers.

(I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!!! AGAIN THANKS A MILLION FOR READING!)