Chapter 10: Welcome Home

Chapter 10: Oh, I Don't Love You but I Always Will

Hope you all enjoy!

Back to Scarlett POV now...

___________________________

"I'll call you when I get in, Daniel just boarded the plane." I say to Lucy before hanging up. I'd promised Daniel I would drop him off at the airport yesterday when he told me he was leaving for London to visit his aunt.

"Scarlett," I heard that warm and familiar husky voice say. I felt my heart tighten in my chest and it starts beating faster than The Road Runner could ever run. I try to take a deep breath to calm myself.

"Scarlett Olivia Grey, I know you can hear me." I hear his voice say again, sparking up my nerves again. I reluctantly turn around and gasp. How did this boy manage to get more heartbreakingly handsome each time i saw him.

"Elijah," I manage to get with a faint smile. Why was he here? He stares at me for a second as if he's taking it all in and trying to memorize me like I was brand new. I hadn't change much in the past few months. i'd grown an inch or two and my hair was longer but other than that I looked the same. So here we were, in the airport, two meters apart, just staring at each other. And suddenly I realize I've missed him more than I probably should've and I take a deep breath.

"So are you going to just stare at me or are you going to say something," I say, giving him a playful smile. He drops his bags and smiles at me, before I know he's right in front of me and I chuckle at the smile on his face, making him look way younger.

"I see you've gotten sassier, you're spending too much time with Lucy." he says and i roll my eyes.

"It's not my fault you can't handle it, you big teddy bear." I say and he chuckles before smirking at me.

"Just shut up and give me a hug." he says and I do just that, wrapping my arms around his neck as he pulls me in tightly against him.I tighten my arms around his neck, pulling us closer until our bodies are so close, we're airtight. And it doesn't feel strange or awkward. In fact I feel warm and content and happy, everything is fine.

"Welcome home, glad to have you back." I say warmly in his ear and I can feel his smile in my neck. My heart stops before going wild again.

"I'm glad to be back," he says before we reluctantly pull away from each other.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, going back into shock as he smiles.

"Dad's got some business stuff to handle," he says and I nod.

"Where is he?" I ask, looking around as Elijah picks his bags up.

"I'm right here," I hear a voice say from behind and I twirl around.

"Dad!" I say, jumping in his arms and I hear his laugh in my ear.

"It's good to see you too Scarlett," he says as I pull away to see Mrs. Wade standing beside us.

"My God, darling you're so beautiful." she says warmly and I smile as she opens her arms for a hug.

"I can say the same for you too ma," I say, from the day I met her she told me to never call her Mrs. Wade or Angie, it was ma or she'd get permission from my parents to punish me. I've managed not yet to get a single punishment from her since then.

"Oh you've grown up so much," she says squeezing me and I laugh.

"Just don't say that in front of my grandfather," I say and she chuckles, letting me go.

"What are you doing here? Did Eli tell you we were coming?" she asks and that's when things get awkward. How was I going to tell her that I was actually here with my boyfriend...someone that wasn't her son, who for the longest time, I was madly in love with.

"No he did not, actually." I say, adding in a sly glance at Elijah before looking back at her.

"I was actually just saying goodbye to a friend," I say and she smiles.

"Well, I'm glad you're here anyway. It's nice to see you again.We've truly missed you." she says and I smile.

"I've missed you all too," I say before my phone starts to ring. I excuse myself and answer it.

"Where are you? We had movie plans, remember?" I hear Johnny exclaim in my ear.

"I got a little surprise at the airport, I'll see you in twenty." I say before he hangs up.

"Sorry about that, my best friend can be a bit demanding at times." I say, chuckling to myself.

"Oh it's no problem, we should be heading home now. It was a long flight and I'm pretty beat." Mr. Wade says and i nod.

"Well then, I will see you all around. Bye," I say giving Mr. and Mrs. Wade a hug before turning back to Elijah.

"And you...I'll talk to later." I say as I notice the confused yet apprehensive look in his eyes, he gives me a curt nod and smile, stepping closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a hug again.

"I meant what I said; it's really good to see you again." I say before letting him go and walking away.

----------------------------

I'm not sure I like this chapter very much but I hope you all enjoy and like and comment and share and blah blah blah LoL

Until the next chapter...

xo T.Marie

OH AND IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A BANNER OR COVER PAGE FOR THIS STORY IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Okay now...Goodbye LoL