Chapter 12: Sad

"You need to get out of the house, Scar." Lucy whines as she grabs my hand.

"There's nothing outside for me, Luce. I'm perfectly fine inside." I say, pressing pause on my one Tree Hill marathon.

"You're just avoiding him." Luce says quietly, letting my hand go. I look up at her and my shoulders go slump.

"He called me the love of his life, y'know. How do I face him after that?" I blurt out, I've been stressing over Elijah's journal entry since I read it two nights ago.

"So you've told me. The boy was smitten like a lovesick kitten, the entire country understands Scarlett." she says and I frown.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask.

"Nothing is wrong with me. I just want my best friend to spend some time with me...outside of her house. Come on, we can go shopping for Johnny's party tomorrow." she says, grabbing my hand again and I sigh.

"Fine, fine..I'll go. Just let me get decent looking." I say, heading towards the bathroom. I comb through my tangled hair and put it up in a messy ponytail before throwing on some jeans, a cotton gray top, and my converse on.

"Ready." I say, looking over at Lucy.

_____________________

"How is Daniel?" Lucy asks me as I search through the rack of dresses in Forever 21.

"He's doing fine, he'll be back soon." I say just as my phone rings.

"Ignore it," Lucy says as I pull it out of my back pocket.

"It's Johnny," I say, answering it.

"Hello Johnny boy," I say as cheerily as I can manage.

"Hey. Where are you? I stopped by your house but your mother said you were out." he says and I chuckle.

"Lucy got me out of the house to go shopping for the perfect party outfit." I say, as she sticks her tongue out at me.

"Thank God, I was beginning to think you'd never come out. I love you, I truly do, but you're getting kind of pale. The sun has been calling you." Johnny says and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, how I've missed you my dramatic friend." I say sarcastically and I hear him chuckle.

"I know you have," he says, arrogantly.

"Anyway, did you need something? Was there a reason behind your visit or did you just miss me?" I ask as I spot a cream and burgundy Geo Darling Shift Cover dress. I look over at Lucy again and point to dress and she smiles, putting two thumbs up.

"I was just checking in on you, I would've joined you for a few One Tree Hill episodes." Johnny says and I smile, warmth spreading over me. I had the greatest friends ever.

"Aw thank you love, maybe later on." I say and I hear him chuckle.

'Maybe, guess I'll talk to you later." he says before we both hang up.

_____________________

"So, I hate to bring it up since I've been trying to distract you but... what's going with you and Elijah?" Lucy asks me as we eat our pizza at the food court.

"There's nothing going on between Elijah and I." I say simply, taking a sip of my lemonade.

"Oh, really? So you wouldn't mind if I were to say that he was walking over our way right now? And he doesn't look too happy." she says and I frown. Automatically my back stiffens and my hearts starts to race.

"You're just screwing with me right?" I ask, unsure of whether I should believe her or not.

"Hi," I hear his voice behind me and I curse under my breath. I take a deep breath and turn around.