Chapter 22: Light It Up

As I lie under neath Elijah, heart beating alarmingly fast...all I can think of is why he wasn't kissing me yet.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to hear those words come out your mouth." he finally speaks and I become curious.

"How long?" I whisper, barely finding my voice.

"The minute you walked away at that airport...almost a year ago." he says and I cringe.

"My life has not been half as great as it was before I lost you. My world's even been dull and darker." He adds, his lips brush against mines as he lowers his body closer to mine. Our chest pressed against each other.

"I want to kiss you so badly right now, y'know." Elijah whispers as he stares me in the eyes.

"What's stoping you?" I ask, running my fingers through his hair.

"Fear...oblivion. I don't want to lose you anymore than I already have." he says and I pull his fave closer to mines. Our foreheads touch as I close my eyes.

"Then," I start, our lips rubbing against one another.

"Kiss me, Elijah." I finish and he does exactly that. It starts off slow and sweet almost as of we're familiarizing ourselves again. But that quickly changes into a passionate and greedy kiss. I run my fingers through his hair and he rolls over, leaving us both on our sides. He pulls me closer to him as I wrap my arm around his back. His fingers graze my bare back under my shirt and I shiver from the tingling sensation. Eventually we're going to have to stop for air but I don't think either us of wants this to stop.

"I..you..wow, that was," Elijah mumbles which causes me to laugh.

"Amazing," I finish for him and he shakes his head.

"That was something better than amazing. That was everything...I can't even find the right words to say that." he says and I peck his lips again, quickly pulling back as he pulls me even closer, responding quicker than I expected him to.

"You don't need the right words for that, I think it was self explanatory." I say and he smiles.

"I've missed kissing you. You were always extremely gifted and the field." he says and I blush, closing my eyes.

"And I've missed holding you in my arms like this, y'know I could get use to this." He says entangling our legs, his hand slides in my hair.

"Are you trying to bribe me with seduction, Elijah Wade?" I asks with a smirk as I feel him kiss the edge of my jaw.

"Depends," he says hoarsely. I open my eyes.

"On what?" I ask my voice barely a whisper, now has a sultry sound to it.

"Is it working?" he finally answers and I laugh, our bodies shaking together.

"Kiss me, Scarlett Grey." he says so softly and innocently, I give in. I roll onto of him and start at his collarbone, to the edge of his jaw, cheek, his forehead, closing his eyes I kiss his eyelids and finally his lips. Our lips fighting for dominance until he eventually wins. I feel his arm wrap around my waist pulling me into his body until we're airtight. I gasp as he bites my bottom lip, slipping his tongue in my mouth. I moan, rolling my hips into him, he moans too. His hand slides up my thigh as mines graze his stomach.

"We should, we should stop" I whisper when pull away for air.

"If that's what you want," he says, looking up at me lustfully. We both know that's the last thing either of us wants.

"Elijah? Scarlett?" I hear Mr. Wade call out and I remove myself from Elijah, promptly. Elijah sits up, fixing himself before he tells me he'll be right back.