Chapter 6: Now and Then

"Stop," I say as Daniel kisses a trail up my neck. He chuckles, looking at me.

"Is somebody ticklish?" he asks as amusement dances in his eyes. I smile at him, hands on his cheeks now.

"I can neither confirm or deny that," I say as I peck him on the lips, we're cuddled up on my little futon by my window.

"Well, I guess I'll just find out when I tickle you." he says as his arms tighten around me and my breathing hitches. As I flashback to a moment with Elijah.

FLASHBACK---

"Elijah Wade, I dema- I demand you stop it right now!" I yell as Elijah tickles me in his bed. He abruptly stops at he tone of my voice.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asks, concerned laying beside me.

"Nothing, nothing at all. I'm fine, ." I say as he wraps his arm around my waist.

"Really? You're fine?" he asks and I nod as I caress his cheek.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asks and I look him in his eyes.

"Of course not, Elijah." I say and he frowns as he tries to understand why I yelled a second ago. I wait for it to come before his eyes lighten up and he smiles at me.

"Someone doesn't like being tickled," he says, kissing my cheek.

"It's the worst," I say burying my face his chest, he plays with my hair.

"Then I won't do it anymore," he says and I move back from his to see his face.

"Promise?" I ask as he chuckles, taking my pinky with his.

"I pinky promise," he says kissing me on the lips before he rolls on top of me and I start to laugh.

END OF FLASHBACK---

"Hello? Grey are you in there?" I hear Daniel say and I snap back into reality.

"I'm sorry. I'm here, I am." I say, looking up at him.

"Where do go off to when you black out like that?" he asks and I shrug.

"It's the ex isn't it? Where your thoughts lead you when you leave me, this isn't the first time you've done it." he asks and I frown, feeling my heart stop and hoping he didn't too.

"We haven't talked about them since we've been together." he says, we've been dating almost a whole month now.

"Yeah, I know." I say, as he sits us up.

"Do you want to talk about them?" he asks and I shrug.

"Well there's only one other guy in my life," I say and he looks surprised.

"Oh, great I got you after the first love." he says and I chuckle.

"How many girlfriends have you had, consecutively?" I ask and he smiles.

"Ha ha very funny...three.You being the third," he says and I study him.

"I promise that is the true amount of girlfriends I've had." he says and I smile.

"Okay, I believe you." I say.

"So do you want to hear about them?" he asks and I nod as he tells me about his first girlfriend Carla...

"And Jane was just...crazy. No offense to her but she wanted too much, too fast and she was very controlling and manipulative." he says as I chuckle.

"Okay," I say as he pulls away from me, checking the time on his phone.

"Now it's your turn. Spill about first love," he says and I feel my heart start to pound and I'm pretty sure I'm blushing red.

"He was my first love...obviously.We we're best friends for a long time before we'd gotten together. He moved away a while ago.." I say, looking back down.

"Oh man, I've got first dibs on the after effect of first true love...what happened?" Daniel says curiously.

"We broke up obviously," I try to joke, through a tight throat and I feel his arms go around me again.

"But I'm fine now." I say,I take a deep breath in and out before looking up at him.

"We're over now," I say with the sad conviction that that was my truth and that was the dull knife in my back; my pain.

"Whoever he was, whatever he did...I'm so sorry. I am ashamed of whoever could cause you this much this pain," he says and I frown.

"I can see it in your eyes," he says and I kiss him.

"I have to go, my father has some sort of activity for us to do. He says he wants to reconnect," Daniel says as we stand up and I chuckle.

"Give him a chance, don't go too hard on him." I say as he kisses my forehead and grabs his phone.

"I'll try," he says smiling as he walks out.

I walk over to my bed and fall into it sighing. When was I going to shake Elijah? I bury myself in my pillows and covers just as my cellphone rings.

"What?" I answer tiredly.

"I get a 'what' now?" I hear Elijah say ans I sit up in bed.

"Hi," I say softly, closing my eyes and I can feel the warmth in his chuckle and see the sincerity of his smile.

"Hi. What's wrong?" he says almost immediately.

"Took you long enough," I say, smiling. He'd somehow always knew when I was upset or not myself.

"I'm okay, just a little tired." I say, already knowing he won't buy it.

"Hey, if you don't want to talk about it," he says as I open my eyes remembering how he used to say that to me whenever I needed to talk but wasn't ready.

"We don't have to," I finish him. He'd just be there with me. Rather we were on the phone or he was lying next to me in bed.

"I need other friends...ones that are actually around," I say and I hear him chuckle.

"I am around," he says and I smile.

"I'm here for you Scar," he says as I lay in bed, snuggling into my pillows and pulling the covers closer.

"I know," I say and I lie there with my phone in silence.

"I'll talk to you later," Elijah says just a breath to say it and I chuckle.

"Bye," I say before hanging up.

(HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, did a little foreshadowing in this *hinthint* greattttt things coming! xo!)