Ch3-a growing friendship

Butterflies

Chapter 3

Friends;a person whom one knows and has a mutual affection

Is that what I had? For a week Nathan, John and Luke had showed me nothing but smiles and affection.

I was not really sure what to do with friends, I had never truly had friends like these before. At my old school I simply had people who I sat with at lunch.

School in a story, was my safe heaven. Never once had I gotten bullied at school, never once has someone tried to make friends either. But at this school, perhaps things were looking up?

What did friends do exactly? On TV they share secrets ad hang out. Could I share my life with my friends? I want to, I finally want to be able to free myself of this dark hole, slowly sucking me into a world of sadness and crushed butterflies.

I want to trust my new friends with my life and secrets. Around those three, I felt something I had never felt from another human. I felt warmth, care, and affection. I craved those things. Now that I had a taste, I would not let go.

If they truly are my friends, could they accept my life and not leave me?

I huffed. I'm so confused and scared.

"Hey kid, John, Luke, and I want to get to know you better." Nathan had told me yesterday. He invited me to a weekend hang out at his house. A sleep over.

It was Friday and I was suppose to ride home with him. I had not asked my mother or step father for permission for fear they would say no. I would have to deal with the beating when I got back. I hoped it would be worth it.

I took a deep breath as the last bell rang and I stood waiting for my friends.

I turned to the parking lot, maybe I had missed them. Sadness seeped through me.

A familiar pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I turned to see Luke. He smiled. "Hey hay hay, ready for a exciting weekend?!"

I only nodded.

He pinched my cheeks and forced my lips into a smile. "I've never seen you smile before, I bet if you did it on your own, it would be adorable."

Shame hit me, was I a bad friend for not smiling? But I couldn't, I simply could not.

Nathan appeared with John and we climbed into Nathan's car.

~~~~~~~

"Lets play life story! We know each others, but we need to inform Hayden because he's new, and Hayden, what goes on in here you keep to yourself, were only telling you because for some reason we really trust you." Luke giggled.

"I promise to keep it all a secret If you keep my life a secret." I said softly.

"Agreed!" Luke shouted. "I'm first!"

I snuggled into the arm chair in Nathan's living room.

Luke clapped his hands together. "I am 15 years old, I was born and raised in New York until the age of 12, at 14 I figured out I was gay. I also figured out I liked to treat my body like a woman's, including dressing it like one, my parents were a little iffy about it, but they soon accepted me. I've had a good life so far."

John spoke. "My parents divorced when I was 12 and my father left me with a drunk as a mother who doesn't pay attention to me. In a need to escape, I turned to drugs and horrible music. But, Nathan moved here last year and saved me, he helped me quit the drugs and showed me to a new meaningful music."

Nathan looked me in the eye. "My life is boring, lived in Oklahoma until I was 15 then moved here. Made friends with John and Luke, now Hayden."

"Your turn Hayden!" Luke squealed.

I blushed. "My life isn't like any of yours, you have to promise to tell no one or hate me."

They all scoffed. "We'd never hate you. Or tell."

I snuggled into my chair and began from the start.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"And then I moved here." I finished.

Luke was latched to my side sobbing John was holding my hand and Nathan was just staring shocked.

"Oh Hayden! I never knew such a thing could happen to someone!" Luke bawled.

Something stirred in me and I turned to Luke and we both held each other. Our bodies were practically the same, both the same height, weight, and size. The only difference was Luke was blonde and my hair was brown.

We could be twins.

Nathan soon ushered Luke and John into his room but kept me behind.

My fear was erased as he hugged me tightly, his body began to shake as he cried into my hair, I hugged him back tightly. "Hayden, that's so horrible. I promise to make your life as happy as possible! Tomorrow were going to the butterfly enclosure. "

"Really?" I asked shocked.

He grinned. "Yes. All four of us."

I simply nodded, too shocked to say a thing.

~~~~~~~

(AN/ I hope you don't mind me jumping around!)

~~~~~~~

Tracing my finger along Nathan's sleeping face, I felt warmth flow threw me. I felt something. But I couldn't be sure what it was.

We had fallen asleep in the arm chair together and I was tucked into his chest. From this view, I could stay forever. Was this what a best friend was? I liked it.

Luke was grinning at me from the couch and I simply stared back.

"Comfy?" He giggled.

A arm from behind Luke tightened over Luke's waist making a strange noise come from him. Johns arm I figure.

Luke looks to me and blushes. "Don't tell Nathan. John and I aren't ready for him to know."

Know what? I gave him a confused look, but nodded.

I turned back to Nathan and continued to trace his jaw.

He shuffled and I let go, I don't want him to get mad and take back the butterfly trip.

His promise still rang in my head and made my heart flutter. "I promise to make your life as happy as possible!"

No one has ever promised me something like that before, it scared me and it also made me extremely happy.

What if he broke that promise? What would happen?

I pressed my face into his neck and breathed in, mint. His scent calmed me and all thoughts of a broken promise departed.

A hand gently started to rub my hair. "Ready to see the butterflies?" Nathan whispered softly.

I lifted my head and gave him a small smile. "I really am."

He quickly sat up and pulled me into his lap. "YOU SMILED!"

Had I? I had!

"I've never seen you smile before!" Nathan grinned.

"He smile?! And I didn't see it?" Luke shrieked.

He grabbed my shirt and pulled me backwards. "Do it again!"

I bit my lip. I couldn't.

He pouted. "You look like a lost puppy."

Nathan clapped his hands. "Lets get dressed, eat, then we can leave."

~~~~~~

AN/ um, this chapter is crap. I promise the next one will be longer and more thought out. I had it already written...got deleted. When I rewrote this one, it just didn't sound as good.