Ch5-My heart skips for you

Butterflies.

Chapter 5

Nathan's POV

Three days we waited. Three days I tried my hardest to take care of Hayden

When help came, it all seemed to flash by. Hayden was carried out and me along with him, both of us sharing an ambulance.

I was Diagnosed with dehydration, starvation, and I had a few scrapes and bruises.

Hayden, was a different story. His left clavicle (collar bone) was shattered. The skin around it had become dangerously Infected and he had contacted blood poising. He was in surgery for a full twelve hours. Each hour making me more restless.

Along with the serious things, he also lost a lot of blood, the doctors were surprised because we had practically been siting in a bath of his blood, they wondered how he had lived though this.

Luke and John remain unfound.

A agitated nurse came into my room. "We need you in Hayden's room. Now that he's woken up he won't let anyone touch him, we need you to calm him down."

I quickly got up and followed her into Hayden's room, it looks the same as it had when we arrived at the hospital a week ago.

Hayden's eyes found mine and he instantly reached out for me, eyes grimacing in pain because of his heavily bandaged shoulder.

"Nathan." He whispered.

His soft voice sent shivers down my spine and I ran over clutching his hand. "Hayden, they need to do test."

He pulled off his breathing mask panting. "I-I d-d-don't want them t-to touch m-me."

I leaned forward and gently kissed him, then his forehead. "Baby, you won't get better until you let them help you."

He reached toward me as if to hold me but cried out in annoyance. "I don't want to be touched!"

I kissed his hand. "If you don't let them help you, I won't ever be able to hold you again. You want me to hold you right? I promise when you're better I'll hold you."

He stared into my eyes seeking the truth, and only finding the truth. I would hold him. I'm not sure why, but he's captured my heart in only a week.

"Ok." he whispered. "But, you have to stay with me while they touch me."

I waved a nurse in and kissed his forehead.

I watched the nurse gently peel back the heavy bandage and I held my breath so I wouldn't alarm Hayden.

His shoulder was flaming red and dried blood mixed with fresh blood.

A slimy yellow-green like puss was leaking from his stitches and I held my hand over my mouth. "Oh god."

The nurse stood straight up. "Oh god. This is not good!" She then ran from the room.

Hayden's heart beat sped up and he stared at me with wide eyes. "Nathan! W-what's-" his breathing was cut off and his heart monitor went wild.

"NURSE!" I repeatedly pushes the nurses button. Giving up I put my hands on the sides of Hayden's small face and climbed over him. Straddling him I gently rubbed his face. "Hayden, calm down, it's all ok. It's just a infection, I won't leave, please calm down."

His blue eyes were wide and he clutched my hand. "N-Nathan! It hurts! My chest! It hurts!"

I tried to calm his screaming and pushed the button again. Pissed off I jumped away from Hayden, ignoring his scream, and ran into the hall grabbing the closet nurse by her neck in a wild panic. "YOU BITCH! YOU HEAR HIM SCREAMING! HELP HIM!"