Ch18-Ethan

Butterflies 18

Chapter 18

Hayden's POV.

"I don't want to go!" I stood on our now empty camp ground throwing a fit to Nathan.

Nathan sighed agitated. " we've been here for seven days. I refuse to waste my whole spring break here. Come on Hayden, lets go!"

"But I want to stay here." I pushed out my bottom lip huffing. Not only had I totally attached myself to the forest, but I felt safe there. I felt as if all the horrible things that had happened to me where we live now had vanished.

Nathan's patience broke, he stomped over to me and grabbed my hand pulling back to the car. "We're leaving! We come back this summer!"

Admitting defeat, I climbed into the car pressing the backs of my hands to my eyes to stop myself from crying.

"Hayden, did I hurt your hand? I'm sorry." Nathan buckled himself in then dragged me into his lap. I shook my head holding my breath to calm myself.

"Hayden, tell me what's wrong."

I pressed my face ink his neck so he couldn't see my tears, but I'm sure he knew by my shaking body. "I don't want to leave."

"Why?" He rubbed my back gently.

"I feel safe here. I feel like the rapes and Ethan never happened here. I feel so calm here." My breath was starting to sound annoying as I gulped for air.

"Oh baby. We're putting it into the past. Right? Come on stop crying. It's ok." He continued to whisper comforting things until I had calmed down and passed out from exhaustion.

<><Nathan's POV><>

Soon after Hayden had pasted out, my parents got into the car. "What's wrong with Hayden?"

"He feels safe here. He doesn't want to leave and go back to hell."

My mother bit her lip. "Maybe we should move."

My friends flashed in my mind, but Hayden appeared more important. "I think we should. We've been thinking about for years, but now I want to act on it."

"But honey, the only reason we never moved was because of your friends." My mother said.

"Hayden is much more important to me."

My mother nodded. "I want to move somewhere, where Hayden would be happy."

"I think living around the woods or such would make him happy. He seemed to enjoy all the wildlife and things here." I pulled a small leaf from Hayden's hair smiling.

"I'd love to live by the woods!" My father grinned starting the car.

...

Our house was in a wreckage when we arrived home. Windows had been broken, cruel words had been spray painted onto it, and I was worried of what the inside looked like too. Our mail box had also been beaten.

I thanked god Hayden had not woken up. I didn't want to know what he would do if he saw it.

I set Hayden comfortably in my seat and got out with my father to search while my mother called the police.

The inside seemed perfectly fine. But my mind went to Hayden and I's room.

I was shocked when I opened the door and a bullet went by my arm. Ethan stood inside the room grinned wildly. "I've come for my Hayden!"

"He's not yours! You have him nightmares!"

My room was terrifying. All of the clothes we had not packed had been ripped to shreds. Each picture on the wall with me had a sharpies 'X' over my face. Blood had been smothered against the walls in sickening pictures of butterflies and a wild beast.

"Who's blood is that?!" I growled. Sarah flashed in my mind and worry hit me.

Ethan laughed. "It's my blood." He showed me his wrist. "We match! Hayden and I were meant to be together! Oh but his father won't be happy when he find out that I love his son! Tsk tsk. Not at all!"

"His father?" I question.

"Yes! We had a brilliant plan for me to be his therapist! It was going so good too! I had parted Hayden from your family! But two things went wrong!" He growled and shot a framed picture of Hayden. "His father was going to come over and we would slowly murder him. But I fell in love with Hayden! The night his father was supposed to come, also the day he left, I was going to shoot Hayden and myself. But Haden left!"

"Why didn't you come after him when he left?"

"I thought he was lost in the woods or something! I searched for days before I came to your house and just stared at Hayden through the windows. I've been here for a week!"

His whole body seemed to leak sweat. His hair was oily and he looked starved.

"Waiting!" He screeched. "WHERE IS MY HAYDEN?!"

"I'm right here." Hayden's soft voice said from behind me.

Ethan's eyes snapped to him and he dropped the guns and held out his arms. "Come to me baby! How dare this fool take you from me!"

Emotions passed through Hayden's eyes before he quickly slipped by me and into Ethan's arms."Hello Ethan."

My eyes widened in shock as he left me for Ethan.

Ethan fell to his knees taking Hayden with him. "Hayden! I promise I'll never hurt you!! But you have to come with me! We can be so happy together. "

Hayden shook his head. "We can't."

Anger flashed through Ethan's face. He squeezed Hayden making him cry out in pain. "WHO HELD YOU WHILE YOU CRIED OVER THOSE WHO ABANDONED YOU? WHO STAYED WITH YOU IN THE HOSPITAL?"

"They ignored me because you told them to!" Hayden snapped.

My eyes snapped to Hayden silently picking up the gun.

"It was for your own good! But it's over! We can be happy now! We can-"

His words were cut off by a gun shot. Silence filled the room, then a sob. My eyes turned to the splash of blood behind Ethan.

"You bitch!" Ethan growled.

He was bleeding heavily, but he seemed to show no attention towards his wound. He slapped the gun from a shaken Hayden and pushed him down, wrapping his hands around his neck.

I broke myself from my shock and ran for the gun, shakily aiming at Ethan. "Let him go Ethan! I will shoot you!"

Sounds stopped from Hayden and he went limp. Ethan let go and turned to me.

Anger, despair, and shock ripped into me and I screamed. I slammed the gun into his face, the impact and sound of his nose breaking sent shivers of pleasure down my spin.

I slammed the gun again and again into his face until a loud crack was heard and he stopped moving.

Sitting up, I emptied the rest of the gun into his body.

"Ethan he's dead!" A voice whispered from behind me.

Turning, I found a pale Hayden.

The sound of police sirens came into hearing and I could only stand there shocked by what I had done.

I had killed someone.

"Hayden...I.." I fell to my knees, tears running down my face. It wasn't who I killed, but it was the fact I had taken a pleasure in killing him, each sound of a gun firing and the cracking of bones. Had I become crazy? What was happening?

I felt Hayden's small arms wrap around me. The rest of the day seemed to just be in a daze for me. I couldn't register my actions or mind.

^*^*^*^*^

AN. This is leading up to something. Sorry if it totally sounds stupid! I know it's incredibly short. The next will be looooong promise! XOXO!