Ch7-A visit fit for last

Butterflies

Chapter 7

Hayden's POV.

News on Luke and John was becoming scarce. The whole zoo had been searched and no bodies or live people were found.

It had been like like and John had just...vanished.

But after another month, there had been news. John and Luke had been found. During the hurricane, John and Luke had gone outside and practically had been swept into the ocean.

(AN/ the zoo was RIGHT next to the ocean. I don't think I mentioned it :<)

Living in Corpus Christi, it was a miracle they made it to Tampico, Mexico.

Luke was a absolute wreak. Nothing but a crying mess, John was a bit put together but kept Luke at a safe distance.

Nathan and I were standing in the hospital lobby waiting for them to be released. I squeezed Nathan's hand. "Do you think they're ok? It's been two months since the hurricane!"

"I'm sure they're ok. Be patient." Nathan told me. He tried to keep me calm, but I could see he was equally as worried.

A nurse came in and smiled at us. "Luke and John are in room 241. You both may go see them."

Nathan sprinted toward the room dragging me with him, causing a small sharp pain in my shoulder. I yelped and he stopped. My collar bone has healed, but it still hurt when force was added to it.

Nathan kissed my forehead and we walked there. Luke and John had clearly gotten very tan, and very skinny.

Luke was about my size now, only he was much skinnier.

Luke cried out when he saw us and grabbed onto us in a sobbing mess. With out realizing it, I had started crying along with him, both of us clinging to each other in a desperate need to see if we were ok.

"It was so scary! John and I floated on wood! And there were bodies! Oh my god Hayden! I have never seen so much blood! When we came ashore, a man shot John in the leg and he...." Luke cut of and squeezed me.

I saw John grimace and anger Reach his eyes.

"Luke was raped repeatedly for a month." John growled.

Luke let out a wail and clung to me. I sobbed harder. I knew what it was like to be touched against your will.

Nathan and John talked while Luke and I whispered and cuddled together.

How dare he do that to Luke!

A Latino police man came in and asked to talk to Luke alone.

"No, I want Hayden with me!" Luke cried.

The police nodded and together Luke and I talked with the police.

"I need you to describe the rapist."

Luke clenched my hand at the word rapist.

"He was very pale, but very strong. He has brown eyes and was bald. That's all I remember." Luke curled into me.

The man nodded and left. John, on crutches, limped into the room with Nathan. "Luke and I are not to leave for a few days."

Nathan and I said our good byes And left. "Luke w-was raped." I sobbed when we got Into the car.

Nathan touched my hand. "I know, John told us together."

"I know what it's like," I sniffed. "But it's different. I grew up with being molested. Luke's never been touched against his will before. It must be so scary for him! "