Chapter 9

➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹

Hey my lovlies, we hope you're enjoying the book! We've been working really hard on it lately to make sure that you'll enjoy it! Please vote for us if you like the book and recommend the book to your friends. We would also really appreciate it if you comment below so that we know how we are going! Thx guys!! ❤ ❤ ❤

➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹  ➹

“Ugh come on babe, hurry up I’m starving!” Michael complained.

“Calm down Mike, I’m coming!” I called as I ran towards him.

When I reached him, he grabbed me around my waist and pulled me into him, too close for comfort, especially in public.

“Michael stop!”

“Why Letty? You seemed more than happy to be with me the other night, heck, you were all over me,” he recalled, and I knew he was right.

“Yeah Mike, but that was the ‘other night’, this is now, at school, in public, where anyone can see us,” I made my point as I squirmed out of his tight hold.

“Oh babe, come one, you know you love me, surely they’ll all find out about us soon, in fact they probably already know!”

“Whatever Mike, I’ll see you later,” I said as I ran to catch up with Lys and Dan, leaving Mike all alone. I was so confused about how I felt about Mike, I mean, half of the time I was happy to be with him, even enjoying it, and the other half I was trying to push him away. I wish I could just make up my mind.

“Oh hey there Letty,” Lys said, surprised.

“Mmm hey guys,” I replied, sounding a little too confused and upset.

“Why so glum? Did Michael break your heart? Just say the word Letty and I’ll mess his face up for you,” Dan said, a little too enthusiastically.

“Ugh, why does everyone always think we’re dating?”

I stormed ahead of them, into the cafeteria to find Katrina sitting alone at our usual table.

“Hey Scarlet,” Kat said, sounding annoyed.

“Hey Kat,” I replied as I sat down and opened my lunch.

“Where are the others? I thought they’d be here by now.”

I could tell that she would rather kill than have to sit at a table alone with me. She was one of those girls who always wanted to be super popular and hang around with all the ‘cool kids’.

Just at that moment everyone else arrived, saving both of us from complete and utter awkwardness.

“Hey girls, lookin’ pretty fine today,” Mike said, I could tell he directed it at me.

“Hehe thx Michael, you look good yourself,” Kat replied, that little bitch, he was my guy. Oh my gosh, there I go again, changing my mind.

“What about you babe, what do you think about me?” A wave of recognition crossed over Katrina’s face at the word ‘babe’. I looked down, ashamed, because knowing Kat, she’d let the whole town know about ‘us’ in a blink of an eye. Wait a second, was there even an ‘us’?

“Come on Letty, cheer up, we’ve all had relationship problems,” Dan said.

“Shut up Dan! We aren’t even in a relationship!” I yelled.